Skills & Experience
Are you a problem solver, explorer, and knowledge seeker – always asking, “What if?”
If so, then you may be the new team member we’re looking for. Because at SAS, your curiosity matters – whether you’re developing algorithms, creating customer experiences or answering critical questions. Curiosity is our code, and the opportunities here are endless.
What we do
We’re the leader in analytics. Through our software and services, we inspire customers around the world to transform data into intelligence. Our curiosity fuels innovation, pushing boundaries, challenging the status quo and changing the way we live.
What you’ll do
We’re looking for a Systems Administrator responsible for the upkeep, configuration, and reliable operation of client and server computer systems. As a member of the Live Web department, this individual will be responsible for providing technical support to students attending Live Web classes and to instructors who teach these courses. Other responsibilities include a maintaining virtualized environment, which includes a Citrix environment, Active Directory, and virtual machines. (Live Web classes use a combination of Web conferencing, audio conferencing, and a virtual lab to deliver real-time, instructor-led training over the Internet.)
What we’re looking for
Other knowledge, skills, and abilities
SAS is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
The level of this position will be determined based on the applicant's education, skills and experience. Resumes may be considered in the order they are received. SAS employees performing certain job functions may require access to technology or software subject to export or import regulations. To comply with these regulations, SAS may obtain nationality or citizenship information from applicants for employment. SAS collects this information solely for trade law compliance purposes and does not use it to discriminate unfairly in the hiring process.
All valid SAS job openings are located on the Careers page at www.sas.com. SAS only sends emails from verified “sas.com” email addresses and never asks for sensitive, personal information or money. Should you have any doubts about the authenticity of any type of communication from, for, or on behalf of SAS, please contact us at Recruitingsupport@sas.com
Recruitingsupport@sas.combefore taking any further action
What makes Gartner Research & Advisory a GREAT fit for you? When you join the world’s leading Research & Advisory company, you’ll be part of a team that values curiosity, expert insights, bold ideas and intellectual courage, while driving partnerships with global organizations to make the right decisions on their key initiatives. Through constant learning, discovery and collaboration, you’ll not only help clients accomplish their mission-critical priorities, but also grow your career and the scope of your impact across industries. Our culture demands dedication— and rewards it with opportunity. If you’re always looking for what’s next in business and technology, Gartner is looking for you.
The Gartner for Technical Professionals (GTP) team is a highly collaborative group of industry analysts. Members of the team work together to produce research that answers the most pressing questions being asked by technical professionals in government, commercial and not-for-profit organizations. Research is delivered in the form of written documents, presentations, dialogues, videos, blogs, and other forms of social media. A GTP analyst is an articulate thought-leader, and also an inquisitive student. The ideal candidate will have a hands-on practitioner background from working in advanced technical roles (e.g. Infrastructure architect, Solution Architect, Network engineer, Cloud Architect/Engineer, CTO of a smaller organization, etc.)
• Develop thought leading research deliverables.
• Work with clients on strategic and tactical technology challenges.
• Deliver presentations at Gartner events, including Catalyst, Summits, and Symposia.
• Work with IT vendors/providers on product direction.
• Attain industry leadership by responding to press inquiries and speaking at industry events.
• Support Gartner sales with client visits and consultation.
• Contribute to research and agenda planning.
• Other duties as assigned.
• GTP is seeking an experienced technical professional with network architecture or engineering knowledge. Qualified candidates will demonstrate expertise in three or more of the following areas:
o Experience with network architecture and services implementation, including both on-premises and cloud-based scenarios. Familiarity with practices and popular vendors is a plus including those from Arista, Big Switch, Cumulus, Cisco, Dell EMC, HPE, Juniper, VMware, etc.
o Expertise with core data center networking architecture, implementation and support. Hands-on experience with DNS, NAT, VLAN, Subnets, Layer 2 and Layer 3 configurations would be advantageous.
o Expertise in Software Defined Networking (SDN) architecture, implementation and support. Hands-on experience with solutions like Cisco ACI or VMware NSX would be advantageous.
o Expertise in SD-WAN architecture, implementation and support. Hands-on experience with solutions like Unity EdgeConnect (SilverPeak), Velocloud (VMware) or Viptela (Cisco), would be advantageous.
o Expertise with public cloud network architecture, implementation and support. Hands-on experience with AWS VPCs, Azure vNets, or Google Cloud VPCs would be advantageous.
o Expertise with hybrid cloud or cross cloud network architecture, implementation and support. Hands-on experience with carrier neutral colocation, AWS Direct Connect, Azure Express Route or Google Direct Interconnect would be advantageous.
o Expertise with wireless network architecture, implementation and support. Hands-on experience with Wi-Fi, 5G, 4G/LTE or proprietary edge networking wireless protocols would be advantageous.
o Expertise with network load balancers or application delivery controller architecture, implementation and support. Hands-on experience with AWS Elastic Load Balancing, Azure Load Balancer, Barracuda, Citrix, F5, or others would be advantageous.
o Expertise with content delivery network (CDN), implementation and support. Hands-on experience with Akamai, Amazon CloudFront, Cloudflare, Limelight Networks or others would be advantageous.
o Demonstrated expertise in automating network configurations or management.
o Technology Team Leadership (e.g. project management, development/QA team management)
• The successful candidate has substantial expertise and is likely to be viewed as an evangelist for these topics in industry or within an enterprise.
• Industry certifications are highly preferred such as: VMware Certified Design Expert – Network Virtualization (VCDX-NV), Cisco CCNP, Cisco CCIE, etc…
• Candidates may come from an end user environment, hardware vendor, software vendor or cloud provider in the product team, creative design shop as a supplier and/or a consulting background in this space.
• Whilst hands-on technical knowledge and experience is critical, it is equally important that the successful candidate can see beyond design to meet business and commercial aims.
• Excellent writing and research skills, coupled with strong analytical skills.
• Excellent presentation skills, including small to large audiences (500+ people)
• Excellent collaboration skills, able to graciously give and receive constructive feedback
• Ability to take a position, based on facts, and support that position to clients, both external and internal, with clear analysis. Willingness to openly consider new information. “Strong opinions, weakly held.”
• Broad knowledge of industry trends and emerging technologies.
• Ability to identify how changing technologies will impact technology choices in architectural decisions.
• Ability to travel approximately 20% of the time, mostly within the region (EMEA/NA depending on home base), some international travel.
What We Offer
In addition to our competitive base salary, our benefits are first class. We offer:
• Comprehensive medical plan options with low employee contributions, including prescription drug coverage as well as Dental and Vision plans
• 401K with company contribution and aggressive vesting schedule
• Company paid life insurance, long-term disability pay, short-term disability pay, and optional supplemental insurance
• Employee Stock Option Purchase Plan
• Competitive Paid Time Off plan with additional paid holidays
This position is remote and will be based in North America.
Gartner is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer committed to the value of workforce diversity.
Job Requisition ID:51311
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.
The primary duty of this role is to install and support network services internally to Ergo and externally to client companies.
Required Skills: (knowledge of some or all of the following)
The Role :
Logitech is searching for a dynamic IT Service Delivery Manager. In this newly created position, which reports to the Head of Enterprise IT, you will be responsible for creating a scalable IT Service Delivery capability in a global organisation. With a proven track record in Service Management in a large scale diverse multicultural environment, you will bring a user-experience and service centric approach to the delivery of IT services for Logitech employees worldwide. Working collaboratively with various IT and business groups in designing and implementing Service Delivery solutions, this role ensures Service Support and Delivery processes are in place to meet business needs and enable the delivery of a high quality service.
We are looking for a game changer with a strong service oriented mindset who is eager to make a difference. You will have a deep commitment to end-user satisfaction and productivity, have experience in driving process improvement, have the ability to manage multiple priorities and tasks; proven strong organizational and communication skills in a fast-paced, high-volume hiring environment and be familiar with M&A. You will be responsible for continuous improvement in the delivery of IT Support and the Service Delivery performance and will design improvements to processes and services in order to increase efficiency and cost effectiveness.
Be Yourself. Be Open. Stay Hungry and Humble. Collaborate. Challenge. Decide and just Do. These are the behaviors you’ll need for success at Logitech. In this role you will:
Develop & execute IT Service Delivery vision, strategy and objectives: setting the vision, strategy and performance objectives for the end-to-end process; developing and implementing process improvement initiatives
Take responsibility for the user journey, starting with on-boarding and working cross-functionally to drive seamless user experience of IT services
Collaborate with Logitech’s Video Collaboration CX and BGs teams to incorporate solutions and services brought to market into our own internal IT Services and Workforce Support
Build relationships with all IT departments to ensure that IT-delivered services and end-user productivity goals are understood and exceeded.
Drive continuous optimization of our support systems, workflows, and tools enabling operations at scale and effortless user experience
Drive internal service review meetings covering performance, service improvements, quality and processes
Leverage service desk best practices and process frameworks to drive continual process improvement.
Promote self-service tools and automation to improve end-user productivity & satisfaction
Stay abreast of trends in service desk operations, management, technologies & other external changes that could have an impact on service desk services.
For consideration, you must bring the following minimum skills and behaviors to our team:
Experienced Service Management professional
10+ years experience of Service Management or Support in a large-scale and diverse environment of incident management, escalation procedures and related disciplines
Creative and critical thinker, able to align people on a vision
Experience with Agile Project Management and Design Thinking concepts
Be an agent of change, ability to drive process improvement to continually improve service
Ability to build effective work relationships with various levels and departments of the organization, influence behavior, and change management
A real passion for customer satisfaction, with strong interpersonal skills and responsiveness
Excellent leadership and people management skills
Experience working alongside other IT and business management professionals in a multicultural environment; ability to handle complex/uncertain situations
Strong work ethic (professionalism, pride and desire for success)
Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
Expert knowledge of ITIL disciplines
Familiar with metrics to drive service improvements
Experience of creating and managing an IT Service Catalogue.
Experience of ServiceNow & Jira Platforms
Logitech is the sweet spot for people who are passionate about products, making a mark, and having fun doing it.As a company, we’re small and flexible enough for every person to take initiative and make things happen. We’re big enough in our portfolio (and reach), for those actions to have a global impact. That’s a pretty sweet spot to be in and we’re always striving to keep it that way.
“All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, age, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.”
If you require an accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at +1 510-713- 4866 for assistance.
My client currently has a requirement for an Systems Administrator to join their growing team based in Dublin.
This is a 2nd level position with the role of managing, documenting, and having a high-level understanding the client’s infrastructure setup, including from core infrastructure, to business operations and applications. The role requires great communication skills to assess the discovering with technical and non-technical people alike, from regular users to 3rd party vendors. This will be a dedicated systems administrator role.
If you feel this role is for you please contact Mick Duffy on +353 1 525 4647 or firstname.lastname@example.org
You will be responsible for equipping our client employees with the technology and required data in a secure environment that enable them support the delivery of the curriculum through increasingly digital means.
• Responsible for IT Planning, Management & Reporting
• Ensuring a stable and secure IT operations environment
• Manage the third-party relationships with outsourced service providers supported by appropriate Service Level Agreements.
• Responsible for IT Software License Management
• In collaboration with department heads, identify and deliver new IT solutions and products to facilitate growth and expansion of service to students, faculty and staff.
• Manage the delivery of a data platform and analysis capability to enable the development of Management Dashboards and Reporting.
• Manage IT projects, on time and within budget
• Manage compliance of all IT, products and services with Data Protection and other relevant regulatory and legal constraints.
• Prepare, maintain and keep updated IT procedures and documentation related to our processes and platforms operations
• Ensure compliance of all IT products and services with GDPR, Data Protection and other relevant regulatory and legal constraints
• The ideal candidate will have experience in tackling various hardware and software problems.
• They should be comfortable providing technology solutions to employees and working closely with third party software companies to adopt new technologies and efficiently use existing ones.
• Experience in the following technologies would be beneficial as they form the core of our technical platform; Windows Server Management (physical & virtual), VMware, Office 365, MS Teams, Azure, Azure AD, Classroom AV Equipment, Panopto streaming, Helpdesk software, User on boarding and management, Moodle LMS, Cisco network edge and wi-fi.
• Strong and demonstrable team management and development experience
• Proven ability to map out the strategic direction for a team along with the ability to deliver on it in a way that strengthens the team and their capabilities
• Excellent oral, written and interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate technical issues in a clear and concise manner to stakeholders at all levels across the organization.
• Excellent and demonstrable leadership, management, and communication skills,
• Extremely customer-service oriented with excellent problem-solving skills,
• Proven ability to manage complex tasks,
• Strong analytical skills
• Demonstrated ability to prioritize appropriately in real-time, ability to function in a busy operational environment while also driving strategic change across the business.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, Business or technical discipline Minimum of 5 years’ working experience as IT Systems Administrator or related Technical field.
Contractor, Full Time
7 days ago
Skills & Experience