At Medtronic, we value what makes you unique. Be part of a company that thinks differently to solve problems, make progress and deliver meaningful innovations.OUR PURPOSE
At our Research & Development Department in Medtronic, plc, we focus on the development of cutting edge medical devices in the Cardiac and Vascular space. Our Engineers are directly involved in the development of innovative products for use in medical procedures. The Senior R&D Manager is directly involved in providing high level leadership and direction to a diverse R&D team ensuring the implementation of strategic and tactical R&D activities.
The CVG Division has a unique opportunity for the right candidate to take their place amongst the leadership team and help shape the direction of modern interventional treatment within one of the fastest growing businesses in medical devices, an are in which Medtronic is a market leader. You will have the opportunity to guide engineering innovation at the forefront of interventional treatment, developing never before seen devices and more.
Careers that Change LivesA Day in the LifeQualifications
Responsibilities may include the following and other duties may be assigned.
- Plans, directs and implements all aspects of the company's design and development of new medical device products or software systems.
- May develop, evaluate, implement and maintain technical quality assurance and control systems or reliability systems and standards pertaining to materials, techniques, or company products.
- Oversees the investigation and evaluation of existing technologies.
- Guides the conceptualization of new methodologies, materials, machines, processes or products.
- Directs the development of new concepts from initial design to market release.
- Manages feasibility studies of the design to determine if capable of functioning as intended.
- Monitors documentation maintenance throughout all phases of research and development.
- Organizes the coordination of activities with outside suppliers and consultants to ensure timely delivery.
- Selects, develops and evaluates personnel to ensure the efficient operation of the function.
Must Have: Minimum Requirements
• We are looking for a qualified person to Level 8 Degree in Engineering / Science or related discipline, Masters preferred and desirably with 10 years relevant direct engineering experience within medical device environment.
• A minimum of three to five years direct managerial experience of engineers and a career history of demonstrated progressive management experience.
• Dynamic team player and leader and can work effectively and proactively on cross-functional teams.
• Experienced in a medical device market and have a proven result driven track record.
• Excellent team building, communication, people management and leadership skills are desirable.
• Good communicator and fluent in English, both in writing and speaking.
Nice to Have
Together, we can change healthcare worldwide. At Medtronic, we push the limits of what technology, therapies and services can do to help alleviate pain, restore health and extend life. We challenge ourselves and each other to make tomorrow better than yesterday. It is what makes this an exciting and rewarding place to be.
We want to accelerate and advance our ability to create meaningful innovations - but we will only succeed with the right people on our team. Let’s work together to address universal healthcare needs and improve patients’ lives. Help us shape the future.
Physical Job Requirements
The physical demands described within the Responsibilities section of this job description are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. For Office Roles: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to be independently mobile. The employee is also required to interact with a computer, and communicate with peers and co-workers. Contact your manager or local HR to understand the Work Conditions and Physical requirements that may be specific to each role. (ADA-United States of America)