Seeking a Senior Business Analyst with strong Data and BI experience for a leading public sector company in Dublin. Initial 12 month FTC and salary 75K.
Primary role will be as an interface between Business and IT, as a subject matter expert and technical project lead, on key projects and initiatives focused on implementation and development of data and core business applications, databases, business analytics and reporting.
Business Requirements & Functional Specifications
▪ Evaluate stakeholder needs; analyse business requirements; produce functional specifications and develop software solutions to meet the business needs and as per IT department standards, policies and procedures.
▪ Critically evaluate information gathered from multiple sources, reconcile conflicts, decompose high-level information into details, abstract up from low-level information to a general understanding, and distinguish user requests into wants and needs.
▪ Identify, produce and document a functional specification by analysing business requirements and using knowledge of computer capabilities, programming language and logic.
▪ Produce a functional specification that will result in a system capable of meeting the needs of the agreed business requirements.
Business Processes & Data Mapping
▪ Engage with the Business to map and test business processes and data flows.
▪ Recommend process improvements and improvements for data validation as it is collected.
▪ Create or discover new data procurement and processing programs.
▪ Review and monitor data activities and flow between all underlying data repositories across all business processes and all relevant business applications and system integrations supporting those business processes.
▪ Participate on the Data Quality group reviewing processes and systems to ensure integrity of data definition, collection and utilization
Data Analytics & Reporting
▪ Monitor business metrics and analytics report requests, including the associated specifications, testing criteria including defining the test datasources upfront, and then final report results achieved including any reconciliation required between test and live datasources.
▪ Monitor all data analysis activities.
▪ Implement new data analysis methodologies.
▪ Perform data profiling to identify and understand anomalies.
▪ Develop policies and procedures for the collection and analysis of data.
▪ Cooperate with IT department to deploy software and hardware upgrades that make it possible for us to leverage big data use cases, dashboards and reports.
▪ Oversee the deployment of data to the data warehouse(s) accessed and used for data analytics and reporting.
▪ Establish and support a self-service business intelligence reporting platform, considering a data catalogue and establishment of a data community portal.
Project, Change & Quality Management
▪ Establish and maintain project plans to lead projects and coordinate with other teams to produce required business outcomes in a collaborative and cross-departmental way.
▪ Pay close attention to resource planning and stakeholder engagement.
▪ Oversee data deployments and transformations as needed, including ETL scripting, testing and related activities and documentation.
▪ Confirm software program operation by conducting tests; modifying program sequence and/or code.
▪ Maintains data, computer systems and programming guidelines by writing and updating policies and procedures
Secondary role is the BAU maintenance and support of the core business applications, including legacy property and financial management systems.
Learning & Development
▪ Provide training to end users and technical team as required
▪ Support the development/training areas and improvements of the team
▪ Attend/Request learning & development appropriate to the role
▪ Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational courses; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies
Business Process Analyst / Operations Analyst
Our client is a very well know global software provider with offices in Dublin. They have an immediate requirement for a Business Process / Operations Analyst initially on a contract basis. In this role you will be focused primarily on enabling their teams, improving business processes and driving business excellence
You need to be a self-starter who will be comfortable working across teams and presenting in a customer-facing capacity. At the same time, you need to have a passion for data and bring out
insights to help improve their business performance. The role requires project management skills, understanding of stakeholder management as well as strong communication skills.
The ideal candidate will have:
This is an excellent opportunity to work with one od Dublin’s best employers. For more details please contact Derek Smyth on 01 5927861 or simply submit your CV through the link.
IT Technical Business Analyst
Our client is one of Ireland’s leading educational organisations with as excellent reputation as a great place to work. They are currently undergoing a significant technology investment, and this has opened up a number of new opportunities.
Working as part of the IT Business Engagement team, the IT Technical Business Analyst will play a key role in business engagement activity, internal partnership management, identification of IT business solutions, process enhancement, vendor management and project delivery. You will be expected to acquire in-depth knowledge of the core IT business solutions and related business processes of the critical business units within the remit of the IT Business Engagement team.
Liaising closely with other internal teams, relevant business units and external vendors, you will be responsible for ensuring the IT needs of the business units within the remit of the IT Business Engagement team are identified, clearly specified and translated to the delivery of IT solutions of an exceptionally high standard.
Acquire expert knowledge of the business solutions and related business processes of units within the remit of the IT Business Engagement team.
Ensure that the IT needs of business units within the remit of the IT Business Engagement team are clearly specified and translated to IT solutions of an exceptionally high standard
Provide comprehensive service in respect of the business solutions for which the team is responsible, working closely with key business units and other teams to resolve issues – technical, performance, security & compliance, vendor related, or infrastructural
Introduce, enhance, upgrade or otherwise modify IT business solutions and related processes within specified timeframes and to budget
Advise and assist key business unit management in the consideration and/or prioritisation of future and on-going IT business solutions development
Ensure that, through a model of continuous review and engagement, the business solutions for which the IT Business Engagement team is responsible continue to meet the needs of the key business units
Design and/or contribute to the design of business solutions, including the gathering and documentation of business requirements, the development and approval of specifications, the development of test scripts, and the provision of training
Assume responsibility for the management of relevant licensing and/or other contractual arrangements related to the IT solutions aligned to key business units
Identify, articulate and implement opportunities for integration, automation, increased efficiency and innovation.
Actively ensure appropriate risk management practice
Develop and maintain quality procedures and related documentation
Monitor technical and industry developments and best practice (nationally and internationally) in relation to IT business solutions
Any other duty which may be assigned from time to time by the Director, Information Systems Services.
A primary degree and/or post-graduate degree (master’s level or equivalent) in Information Technology, Computer Science or other relevant field
A minimum of five years’ work experience directly relevant to the role
Significant degree of experience and technical competency with relational databases, system administration and systems integration/implementation
An understanding of the software development lifecycle and an appreciation of ICT architecture
Experience in the application of IT solutions to enhance business processes
Experience in the specification and development and/or procurement of IT business solutions
A proven track record in the identification, management and delivery of complex projects / business solutions implementation for a key business function such as Human Resources or Finance
An active commitment to personal training & development
Excellent communication skills, both written and oral; proven ability to build positive relationships with key stakeholders and colleagues at all levels both internal and external
Ability to work independently and proactively and effectively deal with the changing demands that arise in a fast-moving environment
Strong organisational and prioritisation skills, with the capability to manage multiple priorities with competing priorities/deadlines
This is an excellent opportunity to join a leading organisation, with excellent career prospects and strong benefits. This is work from home initially during the pandemic.
For more information please contact Derek Smyth, or simply apply today through the link.
realTime recruitment are seeking an experienced Business Analyst for a 6 month contract position based in Dublin City Centre.
This in an immediate requirement so candidates will need to be within two weeks end of their current contract or immediately available.
Knowledge & Experience:
If you would like to hear more about this position, contact Sue on 01-6520652 or email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
€350 - €450 Per Day
Contractor, Full Time
2 days ago
Reperio Human Capital are a global provider of recruitment services. We recruit across permanent and contract requirements and have access to an extensive pool of professionals actively seeking a new role. We harness the latest technologies in candidate acquisition, as well as the usual advertising channels to source those candidates our competitors have trouble finding.
By applying our industry expertise to the specific requirements of each client, we can respond to your particular recruitment needs, harnessing our knowledge and networks to deliver a precise response. We specialise within Software Development, IT Infrastructure, Senior Appointments, IT Sales & Pre-Sales, Database & Analytics and Cyber Security, Audit & Risk. Sign up to our newsletter to keep up-to-date with the latest industry news and job opportunities - http://eepurl.com/-oYjD
20 to 49 employees