Avanade ranked no.1 by Top Employer Institute in Ireland!
Please note we are not able to accept applications from visa/work permit holders or those who need sponsorship at the moment.
BUSINESS ANALYST - BUSINESS & TECHNOLOGY INTEGRATION
At Avanade, business and technology consulting isn't just a job, it's a passion and more than just working with new innovations. It means defining processes which uses technology to solve business problems in ways that make a real difference to our people, our clients, and the world.
At Avanade, we:
Are a leading digital innovator, realizing results for our clients and their customers through the power of people, processes and the Microsoft ecosystem.
Thrive on open dialogue, collaboration and drive to help our clients realizing the results. We share best practices and solve problems through teamwork, both within a project team and larger communities within Avanade.
Are committed to growth - as an organization and for each individual.
Involved throughout the project lifecycle, a Business Analyst works directly with our clients to understand their problems, define potential solutions and document as-is and to-be business process flows along with requirements to solve the business problems. In addition to creating required deliverables, the Business Analyst will cultivate trust, and act as the key liaison between the client, the build team, the creative team, and the change team to enable all team members to understand the client’s requirements and deliver the optimal solution. The Business Analyst must have the ability to effectively bridge the gap between the business and IT organisations, quickly adapt and contribute to solution design across a broad range of industries, and understand the strengths and benefits of Microsoft technologies.
The Business Analyst role is recognised as a strong and prominent talent within Avanade. Business Analysts participate in growing our business, strengthening our assets and connecting with our people. This includes provide pre-sales support to the business development team, participating in internal initiatives and sharing insight with fellow colleagues.
As a consultant, roles and responsibilities can vary by project scope, project team composition and client needs. Here is a sample of activities a Business Analyst can be involved in at Avanade.
Analysis and Solution Definition (50%)
* Elicit and document business requirements within well-defined business processes by organizing and conducting requirement workshops
* Create Functional Design based on business requirements which is easily understandable by developers
* Act as a bridge between business and tech team to manage expectations and resolve issues
* Analyse AS-IS processes and Define TO-BE processes while working with right business stakeholders
* Support and provide inputs to business stakeholders and project team to draft implementation plan for build phase
* Capture and define tangible and measurable KPIs for project
* Support and provide input to the technical design of solution components
Project Execution (40%)
* Develop functional scenario based test scripts; develop test data in support of User Acceptance Testing
* Interface with development team to provide necessary clarifications during the development
* Help coordinate activities between technical staff, system users, end user organizations, software programmers, system administrators, and managers
* Work with business and developers to resolve any issues arising during the build phase
* Participate in knowledge transfer to support team
* Conduct training sessions and produce user documentation
Business Development (10%)
* Determine and translate customer needs into an Avanade solution and approach
* Contribute to proposal development
* Deliver quality written presentations
* Provide scope, approach, and estimating input to the proposal team
* Share knowledge, project learnings and best practices with fellow colleagues
* Strong client leadership and engagement skills up to C-level
* Ability to lead and influence business conversation
* Strong business acumen
* Expert in understanding clients’ business problems, with an inquisitive mind
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
* Ability to build and manage long term client relationships
Knowledge and skill requirements:
* Outstanding consulting acumen and understanding of various software delivery methodologies
* Knowledge of various software delivery methodologies
* Awareness of the Microsoft Technology ecosystem
* Domain expertise in various industries is highly desirable
* Experience working in digital transformation and AI (RPA, Cognitive & Machine Learning) projects preferred
* Ability to think on the feet and provide realistic solutions to complex business problem
* Microsoft, ISEB, PRINCE2, IIBA qualifications are plus
* Client-facing experience in consulting and/or business transformation with a strong business focus
What we offer:
This is an exciting and rewarding role to be in. You will have exposure to work on different top Microsoft stack technologies but also a great opportunity to develop yourself (80 hours per year for training and paid certifications).
We are encouraging our employees to cross-train and develop their skills around different Microsoft technologies.
We are looking for people with a real passion, dynamic approach and enthusiasm for technology!
You’ll have ample opportunities for career growth and personal development, including continuing professional technology training and management training.
* Competitive base salary
* Reward and Recognition scheme
* Wide benefits package
* Avanade University - real-time access to technical and skilled resources globally
* Dedicated career manager to encourage your progression
* Engaged and helpful coworkers genuinely interested in you
As is the nature of working within a global professional services environment, your clients and projects will change over time so the flexibility to travel is a pre-requisite. All our roles are project based so typically will involve working on client site throughout Ireland.
Avanade® Is An Equal Opportunity Employer. Avanade prohibits discrimination and harassment against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, disability, veteran, military or marital status, genetic information or any other protected status.
The EEO is the Law poster is available here
and poster supplement is available here
The Pay Transparency Policy is available here
Avanade is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation due to a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to Avanade at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (206) 239-5610 and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
By using this site, you agree that we can place Cookies on your device. See our Job Applicant Data Privacy Statement and Cookies statement.