Accounts Receivable Specialist - Contract
J2 Global is a leading Internet information and services company consisting of a portfolio of brands including IGN, Mashable, Humble Bundle, Speedtest, PCMag, Offers.com, Everyday Health and What To Expect in its Digital Media business and eFax, eVoice, iContact, VIPRE, KeepItSafe, IPVanish and LiveDrive in its Cloud Services business. J2 reaches over 180 million people per month across its brands.
We are seeking a full time temporary Accounts Receivable (A/R) Specialist on a 6 month contract basis. This position will report to the A/R Manager based here in our Dublin, Santry office but we are currently working remotely given the current restrictions.
We are searching for a detail-oriented, analytical Accounts Receivable Professional to assist the Finance department as it receives, processes, and collects on services rendered. The Accounts Receivable Specialist will work closely with internal departments to ensure that accounts payments are made on time and that all customer account disputes are resolved.
Base Location: Dublin
Salary: from €28,000 (per annum) depending on experience annual bonus
Working Pattern: Permanent | Full time with flexible working patterns available
About the Department
SSE Airtricity has an exciting opportunity for a Commercial Billing Specialist working in our growing Business Energy team. Reporting directly to the Billing Manager, the successful Billing Specialist will work as part of a progressive, energetic and dynamic Billing Team, based at our head office in Leopardstown. The candidate must be flexible, motivated and a target driven individual with a positive can-do attitude.
What is the role?
- Work through and complete assigned daily, weekly and month work queues
- Invoice validation through analysis and the actioning of relevant market messages and exceptions in our billing systems
- Work closely with our Corporate Accounts team, billing Major Business accounts accurately and on time
- Prepare detailed spreadsheets for our Corporate Accounts team as and when required
- Setting up and maintaining Interval and Max Demand accounts
- Dealing with Time Switches, Multiplier Issues, Meter Mix ups
- Review stop billing queue, analyse and action all reads that prevent the automatic validation of invoice rules
- Reviewing and action unbilled customer reports, ensuring that all customers are billed within the set timeframe
- Updating New tariffs, Price changes, Customer discounts & Tenders using a multi-currency system, where applicable
- Resolve billing queries and market message exceptions correctly and efficiently through billing process tracking jobs
- Ensuring a standard high calibre of work is output on a consistent basis
- Attend weekly team meetings to contribute positively and share knowledge with the billing team
- Working closely with our internal teams, assisting on complex billing queries
- Work on ad hoc projects, representing billing as subject matter expert as an end user tester in supply projects where applicable
- Ad hoc tasks
What do I need?
- Be able to work to strict deadlines with a strong customer-oriented service ethic
- Strong analytical and numerical skills and the ability to make decisions based on facts with a strong focus on attention to detail
- Experience with the various Microsoft applications, particularly excel
- Ability to respond to challenges in a positive, innovative and persistent manner
- Knowledge of the Gas & Electricity market in both ROI and NI
We're committed to ensuring we offer our people a great place to work, with competitive salary, contributory pension plan and benefits package. Click here to find out what else is on offer.
All applications should be submitted online however to discuss any adjustments you may require submitting your application please get in touch with Ann.Fahy@sse.com. We'll let you know the outcome of your application after the closing date.
If you successfully secure a role with us, you'll be required to complete our pre-employment screening process before joining.
We all have different skills here at SSE and that's what makes us stand out. We all take pride in a job well done and share the belief that an inclusive culture is key to our success and vision for the future. Above all, safety is at the heart of everything we do at SSE and we live by the mantra 'if it's not safe, we don't do it'.
SSE is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Our client who is a transport company based in the UK and has a support function for its members in North County Dublin are currently seeking an Part Time Accounts Assistant to join their team, You will be responsible for the below,
For more information please apply through the link provided for the attention of Naomi Egan or call Osborne Recruitment on 041 986 5058
If you are interested in finding out more about the above role and would like to be considered other suitable roles that we may have available for your skill set - please attach your CV via the link provided
Please submit your updated CV in Word Format
Founded in 1987, SIG has grown from an options trading firm on the Philadelphia Stock Exchange to one of the world’s largest privately held financial institutions. Today, with offices around the world, we trade almost every major financial product, and we are recognized for our disciplined and quantitative trading approach, and our leading-edge trading systems. We established our European headquarters in Dublin 21 years ago and now employ over 500 people here in Trading, Technology, Research, Operations, Compliance, Legal, Finance, and HR.
This is an excellent opportunity for a candidate with a Finance/Accounting background to develop their accounting skills within a dynamic financial trading company.
As part of the finance team you will play a key role in the accounts production process by providing timely and accurate information for financial reporting
Major activities and responsibilities include but not limited to:
SIG is not accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at SIG via-email, the internet or directly without a valid written search agreement will be deemed the sole property of SIG, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Susquehanna.
€50k - €50k Per Year
6 days ago