Job Title: Finance Assistant
Location: Dublin Office
GOAL has an amazing opportunity to gain experience and knowledge in finance while working with a dynamic international NGO. As Finance Assistant, you will join the Finance team in Head Office that works closely with teams across the world. You will gain exposure to monthly management accounts prepared at the overseas offices and play a support role in providing timely, accurate and relevant financial information to GOAL senior management.
Reporting to the Senior Operations Accountant responsible for the Middle East, you will support in various areas, including but not limited to Annual Budgets, Treasury, Debtors, Month-end and Year-end, Annual Financial Statements.
General Duties and Responsibilities
- Support the work of the Senior Operations Accountant for the Middle East
- Collect, process, verify, and report accounting-related information
- Assist with specialised and confidential forms and reports for banking-related information
- Assist in the preparation of financial reports, as required
- Assist with analysis and review of financial information/data
- Support Operations Accountants team on month end, as required
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Good ability in numerical skills
- Ability to remain calm under pressure
- Familiarity with maintaining accounting records and documentation
- Aptitude for preparation of financial reports using MS Excel
- Good ability with MS Office applications
- Experience on Sage or a similar accounting package is desirable but not essential
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work within a dynamic team environment
- Ability to work on own initiative, multi-task, plan and prioritise workload
- An interest in international relief and development work
- Student of business / accounting studies
Established in 1977, GOAL is an international humanitarian agency, with a team of 2,400 personnel, dedicated to alleviating the needs of the most vulnerable communities. Currently operating in 13 of the world’s most vulnerable countries, GOAL delivers a wide range of humanitarian and development programmes, ranging from humanitarian relief in disaster situations, to focusing on nutrition, food security, and building greater resilience and sustainable livelihoods.
GOAL has an annual budget of an estimated €100 million and is supported by a range of donors including the Governments of Ireland, UK, USA, the European Union, individuals, trusts and foundations. GOAL values the power of partnership and works with local and international partners to achieve its mission.
Our package includes a competitive salary, 22 days annual leave and the possibility to join our Health care scheme. Additional benefits are available after 12 months of service. Candidates must be entitled to work in Ireland at the time of application.
GOAL has a Staff Code of Conduct and a Child Protection Policy, which have been developed to ensure the maximum protection of programme participants and children from exploitation. GOAL also has a confidentiality policyensuring the non-disclosure of any information whatsoever relating to the practices and business of GOAL, acquired in the course of duty, to any other person or organisation without authority, except in the normal execution of duty.Any candidate offered a job with GOAL will be expected to adhere to these policies any job offer made is also subject to police clearance. GOAL is an equal opportunities employer.
This Job Description only serves as a guide for the position available. GOAL reserves the right to change this document. Any published closing dates are estimated. Due to the nature of GOAL’s work we aim to fill vacancies as quickly as possible. This means that we will close adverts as soon as we have found the right candidate and this may be before the published closing date. We would therefore advise interested applicants to submit an application as early as possible.