Due to recent expansion, a new and exciting role has arisen within the Central Solutions team for a Training Manager – Climate Ready Academy, reporting to the Climate Action Training Programme Director. The purpose of the role is to assist with the definition, development and day to day coordination and delivery of the new Climate Ready Academy range of training programmes.
You will join a progressive, people centric environment and will be actively supported in your own career development and training.
The successful candidate will help define new training programmes to meet verified market needs, coordinate the delivery of programmes on a day-to-day basis, contribute to the development of training quality assurance policies and systems ensuring the we deliver the highest quality programmes. They will formulate development plans and targets as well as giving guidance and support to senior management.
- Manage day-to-day activities for the Climate Ready Academy in conjunction with the Programme Director
- Develop and maintain good working relationships with key stakeholders, including members and learners
- Monitor the performance of Trainers, consultants, and SMEs
- Actively participate in the preparation and delivery of webinars and workshops/programmes and events
- Responsible for the planning and organisation of schedules and facilities/resources for current and future programmes in consultation with the Programme Director
- Ensure detailed records of all network activities are maintained e.g., attendance, learner feedback, course and tutor evaluations etc.
- Support the Programme Director in reporting the Network’s KPIs and financial results
- Ensure that the programme deliverables are on time, within budget and at the required level of quality
- Assist in the creation, maintenance and monitoring of QA policies and procedures
- Play a key role in quality audit processes to ensure high quality standards and adherence to relevant operating guidelines
- Assist in the development and maintenance of SOPs, processes and workflows
- Contribute to the procurement and tendering processes related to the scheme where applicable.
- Support the timely updating of the Skillnet management portal with key data and metrics
A hands-on, proactive, and pragmatic manager with strong coordination and administration management skills. Comfortable working with stakeholders at all levels of the organisation with the ability to lead in own areas while working as part of an effective team.
Key Skills & Experience
- Preferably educated to degree level in a relevant discipline.
- Experience in the definition, development and day to day coordination and delivery of training programmes.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Knowledge and experience in implementing training quality assurance systems.
- Hugely passionate about learning programmes and technologies coupled with a strong technical understanding.
- Excellent leadership, communication, influencing and negotiation skills and the ability to collaborate with a wide range of stakeholders and at all levels of an organisation.
- Proven ability to work in a team environment and on one’s own initiative.
- Good understanding of project budgets and financial management.
- Proven organization skills – ability to meet deadlines and successfully complete projects.
We do not require the assistance of agencies at this time.