Technical Writer - API
Sage is a global company with a local heart. The market leader for cloud-based accounting, financials, enterprise management, people, and payroll software, we empower the world’s business heroes—from single-person startups to large enterprises. Our people are passionate and positive. We inspire our colleagues to serve business builders everywhere and champion their success. As a FTSE 100 company with 14,000 colleagues across 24 countries, we do business the right way, while giving back to our local communities through the Sage Foundation. Sage is passionate about building a culture where our colleagues feel they can bring their whole selves to work. Where people know they’ll be judged on their performance and behaviours - not their identity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against based on their race, color, age, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
Want to join a small content design team as Technical API Writer? We’re dedicated to furthering our mission to use the right words, at the right time, in the right place.
As an API writer, you’ll be working with a small team of other API writers, within a larger multi-disciplinary team across various locations. You will produce compelling copy for our developer portals and technical guidance for development partners helping them to integrate their products with Sage solutions. Ideally you will be based in our Newcastle or Manchester office.
For this role, you will be working primarily within the Small Business Segment, focusing on providing API documentation for our independent software vendor and developer network.
WE WOULD LOVE TO CHAT IF YOU:
- Have deep knowledge of REST APIs.
- Are experienced using Git and GitHub.
- Enjoy communicating and presenting sophisticated technical concepts in a concise and clear manner.
- Have an understanding of the Docs as Code approach.
- Are experienced documenting .NET client libraries.
- Have experience in acquiring required information by interviewing subject matter experts.
- Are familiar with OpenAPI and Swagger specifications + ReDoc.
- Enjoy learning new technologies, platforms, and tools quickly.
- Have insane attention to detail!
WHY YOU WOULD LOVE TO JOIN US:
You’ll work alongside highly capable UX and Content Designers, who really enjoy working collaboratively and embracing new ideas.
We offer a range of benefits that complement a competitive salary, including share save scheme, bonus options and pensions plan.
All colleagues get 25 days of paid annual leave with the option to buy up to another 5 days.
Plus, colleagues will receive learning day to develop skills and behaviours linked to their personal or career development!
Colleagues can also enjoy an additional number of family friendly benefits including the option to flex start and end times during the week and flexible working.
Sage also offers numerous business resources groups that you can join or simply be supported by such as our Foundation Amabassadors, Pride@Sage, Diversity&Inclusion@Sage and Healthy Mind First Aiders networks.
- Write well-structured, accurate, and concise API documentation for internal and external developers.
- Improve existing documentation tools and processes.
- Work with technology experts on a variety of teams to gain an understanding of the relevant technologies, platforms, and solutions.
- Work with other content designers and development teams to ensure our API documentation is consistent and meets the needs of our users.