Systems Engineer – Sensors Software
Our Client is a company of inventors that unlocked 5G, ushering in an age of rapid acceleration in connectivity and new possibilities that will transform industries, create jobs, and enrich lives. But this is just the beginning. It takes inventive minds with diverse skills, backgrounds, and cultures to transform 5Gs potential into world-changing technologies and products. This is the Invention Age - and this is where you come in.
About The Role
Sensors-based technology has a wide range of applications including navigation, gaming, smart user interface, multimedia, virtual reality and augmented reality. This challenging position offers the opportunity to work with leading edge sensor technologies embedded in smartphones, automotive, IOT, smartwatches as well as other consumer electronics devices. Job activities span the whole product life cycle from early R&D to commercial deployment. The successful candidate will work with systems, software, and integration/test engineers in the Client's sensors group
The position is technology focused and involves participation in a broad range of sensors systems engineering activities within the Sensors Technologies group
Responsibilities Will Include
- Implementing sensors algorithms that cover areas like signal processing, machine learning on a variety of embedded target SOCs.
- Debugging, verifying, optimizing, and tuning C implementations of MATLAB/Python signal processing & machine learning algorithms
- Making effective engineering tradeoffs among performance, memory, power consumption, and computational complexity.
- Supporting other software and test teams with deployment of sensors algorithms.
- Developing prototypes on reference platforms.
- Writing reports on algorithm evaluation results, delivering complete design and user documentation.
Skills And Experience We Would Love To See
- At least 2 years of embedded software development, with experience in implementing digital signal processing, machine learning algorithms in C/C++
- Hands-on experience on ML frameworks such as PyTorch and TensorFlow
- Proficiency in C, Python and MATLAB.
- The ability to implement MATLAB-coded algorithms in C, including both floating and fixed-point implementations.
- Embedded/Mobile programming with experience in optimization of algorithms to support low power and/or low memory footprint.
- Multi-threaded programming experience
- Detail oriented, taking a thorough and analytical approach, producing complete documentation.
- Excellent written, verbal, and presentation skills.
- Experience implementing basic machine learning algorithms such as SVM’s, neural nets etc. in C
- Experience with ARM, RTOS, and JTAG
- Experience with modifying device drivers
- Experience with JAVA
- Experience with writing simple Android applications
- Experience with single board microcontrollers
- An understanding of sensor operation of accelerometers, gyroscopes, magnetometers, etc.
Bachelors - Computer Science, Bachelors - Engineering, Bachelors - Information Systems
2+ years of Systems engineering or related work experience.
4+ years Software Engineering or related work experience. ,2+ years experience with Database Management Software. ,2+ years experience with API. ,2+ years experience working in a large matrixed organization. ,1+ years of work experience in a role requiring interaction with senior leadership (e.g., Director level and above).
Decomposition, Enterprise System Implementation, Metrics, Root Cause Analysis, Software Testing Tools
*References to a particular number of years experience are for indicative purposes only. Applications from candidates with equivalent experience will be considered, provided that the candidate can demonstrate an ability to fulfill the principal duties of the role and possesses the required competencies.
*Our Client is an Equal Opportunity employer; all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any protected classification.
What's On Offer
Apart from working in an open, relaxed and collaborative space, you will enjoy:
- Salary, stock and performance related bonus
- Maternity/Paternity Leave
- Employee stock purchase scheme
- Matching pension scheme
- Education Assistance
- Relocation and immigration support
- Life, Medical, Income and Travel Insurance
- Subsidised gym membership
- Bicycle purchase scheme
- Employee run clubs, including, running, football, chess, badminton + many more