Senior Software Engineer - Dublin, Ireland
Optum, the fastest growing part of UnitedHealth Group, is a leading information and technology-enabled health services business. Our teams are dedicated to modernising the health care system and improving the lives of people and communities.
Serving virtually every dimension of the health system, we work with a diverse set of clients across 150 countries – from those who diagnose and treat patients to those who pay for care, deliver health services, and those who supply the cures. Optum maintains operations across North America, South America, Europe, Asia Pacific and the Middle East. Our innovative partnerships provide technology and tools that enable unprecedented collaboration and efficiency. As a result, we can tap into valuable health care data to uncover insights and develop strategies for better care at lower costs.
About the role:
As a Senior Software Engineer, you'll join a team working with a focus on conversational AI and virtual chatbot technology. This team is currently working with the latest technologies, including Azure Cloud, Natural Language Processing (NLP)/ Machine Learning (ML).
Our predominant programming language is Node.JS, but also use Go and ReactJS. Predominant Azure Components we use are: Azure Kubernetes Service (AKS), Cognitive Services (QnA Maker, LUIS), Azure Bot Service, Application Insights, Azure Functions.
Any current skills with Node.JS would be beneficial but not a core requirement for the role. This is an ideal opportunity for someone with strong backend skills to transition to NodeJS development or to continue building on their existing NodeJS development skills. It’s a chance to work on some of the most cutting-edge technologies, all while doing your life’s best work ℠
- Perform all phases of software engineering including; requirements analysis, application design, code development, and testing.
- Design and implement performance and operational enhancements
- Design & develop reusable components, patterns, and frameworks, encouraging innovation that will enable team velocity
- Review code and provide feedback relative to best practices and performance improvement
- Conduct design and code reviews to ensure that developed code meets software engineering best practices and guidelines, unit testing, security, and scalability and maintainability guidelines
- Participate in Agile/Scrum methodology to deliver high-quality software releases
Work with a team of software engineers for one or more Agile scrum teams assigned to work on the project
- Troubleshoot production support issues post-deployment and design solutions as required.
- Design, code, test, debug, and document software, whilst enhancing existing components to ensure that software meets business requirements.
- Work very closely with architecture groups to drive software solutions and promote collaborative innovation
- Contribute actively to the design and architecture to enable secure, scalable, and maintainable software and be able to clearly articulate the implications of design/architectural decisions, issues and plans to technology business partners
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- BS / BA in Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Strong experience developing backend applications
- Experience in designing and building highly distributed, scalable systems/ solutions hosted within key major public and/or Private cloud providers e.g. Azure, AWS, Google Cloud
- Experience developing and maintaining RESTful web services
- Programming experience with Node.JS, with a focus on server-side
- Hands on experience with containers
- Working knowledge of DevOps & code quality best-practices
- Client-side (UI) development experience
Please note you must currently be eligible to work and remain indefinitely without any restrictions in the country to which you are making an application. Proof will be required to support your application.
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organisation around one giant objective; make the health system work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.SM
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Keywords: #RPO, Dublin, Letterkenny, Java, Spring, Spring Boot, FHIR, Angular, React, Cloud, Azure, AWS, Jenkins