Senior Software Engineer
Our client is one of the world’s leading virtual reality development studios and is headquartered in Waterford, Ireland. In recent years, they have picked up multiple awards for their virtual reality experiences, education and training.
Due to continued growth and success they are looking for a competent Senior Software Engineer with 5+ years of industry experience to join their dedicated web development team.
This successful individual must have vision and drive and must not be afraid to back big ideas.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Designing and implementing new features to agreed timelines, both on your own and as a member of a feature-driven team
- Provides leadership and mentoring to other team members.
- Comfortable representing team and presenting to management.
- Proactively improves processes to help deliver a better product.
- Maintaining and support of new and existing features by liaising with the development, QA & support teams to diagnose and resolve issues.
- Designs & writes quality, scalable & robust code with security and performance in mind.
- Contribute in all phases of the development lifecycle.
- Develops technical documentation for internal use.
- Communicates effectively in a fast-paced environment where priorities may change depending on workload
- Constantly improve skills and knowledge through self-learning and shares with the team to help achieve overall goals.
- Translates business requirements to technical concepts.
- Bachelor’s degree or College Diploma in a computer science-related course
- Extensive experience developing enterprise level applications.
- Extensive experience developing RESTful APIs. Must have a good working knowledge of Postman.
- Experience with relational and/or NoSQL databases.
- Experience of working within an Agile environment using SCRUM.
- Knowledge of MVC and other software design patterns, including SOLID Principles.
- Excellent Teamwork ethic with the ability to work collaboratively with others (technical and non-technical).
- Flexible and adaptable, with the ability to align to changing priorities.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English.
- Knowledge of Domain-Driven Design (DDD).
- Knowledge of Microservices.
- Exposure to Cloud Providers such as Amazon Web Services (AWS) or Digital Ocean.
- Experience with Vue.js, Angular or React.
- Experience with Swagger.
- Knowledge of Cloud Native deployments using Docker and Kubernetes.
- Knowledge of CI/CD (for example Jenkins, Travis, GitHub Actions).
- Experience with, or some exposure to TypeScript.
- Experience with Test-Driven Development (TDD)
- Flexi-time working week
- No weekend working or overtime
- Employee Training and Development Scheme
- Employee Medical Scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Financial Relocation Assistance
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Employee Referral Program
- Great onsite benefits including snacks, sweets, fruit, coffee and tea
- 20 days annual leave plus paid public holidays and extra days off at Christmas and Good Friday!
- Expanding workforce with potential for career progression for top performers