This is a high visibility, high impact role and an opportunity to contribute to enhancements to our cutting-edge payments platform solution. In this role, you directly impact Yapstone’s bottom-line, work on our customer interface and drive customer value by taking their payment experience to the next level. Yapstone has built a new microservices-based payments platform and we are looking for experienced, Java developers who have exceled in building large scale, high volume throughput solutions to expand and scale this new platform.
- Drive design, development and implementation of the new Global Payments platform.
- Be responsible for designing, developing the cutting-edge microservice-based platform focusing on the payments integration with our partners.
- Work with our Product, Sales & Engineering team in designing and architecting new payment flows as we aim to build global payment solutions.
- Interface with clients to discover, troubleshoot and resolve issues and recommend product enhancements
- Own key architectural decisions and design considerations
- Own the adoption of new tools and technology
- Lead projects and exert technical influence over multiple teams, increasing their productivity and effectiveness by sharing your deep knowledge and experience
- Believe in test driven development and drive code quality through unit testing.
- Use data driven approach for all your technology selections and project recommendations, either through POCs or past experiences.
- Minimum of 7 years software development experience in Java/Java EE.
- Extensive engineering experience and a proven track record in high performance, large scale solutions
- Experience building web technologies including cloud-based APIs and protocols (REST, JSON)
- Experience in building cloud native applications in major cloud platforms (preferably in AWS) a major plus.
- Experience in distributed message / event processing solutions like Kafka
- Proficient in data structures, algorithms, design patterns and Object-Oriented Programming.
- Experience with one of the NoSQL databases (Couchbase, Mongo)
- Excellent Java and J2EE coding skills
- Experience in payments or high transactional systems
- Significant experience managing, troubleshooting and working on Linux and other Unix-like operating systems
- Experience mentoring / developing an engineering community on complex technical issues
- Thought leader, hands-on contributor, and decision maker known for solving difficult software engineering problems
- BSCS or equivalent, MS preferred