Contractor, Full Time
12 days ago
Seeking a Senior Embedded C++ Engineer for an initial 6 month day rate contract in Limerick. RTOS programming in the medical industry and microcontroller experience a plus.
As an Embedded Software Engineer you will:
· Provide technical documentation for the design, implementation and testing of the software.
· Attend design review meetings as needed to adhere to the software development procedures
· Document and repair errors related to fielded software issues
· Work in a multi-disciplinary team including Clinical, Electrical, Mechanical, Software test and Quality
· Assist the engineering staff in clarifying requests for software changes and understand reported problems
· Perform software design based on input from clinical users, characteristics of the existing software base, consultation with other engineering staff, and system functional requirements
· Perform software implementation, following coding guidelines and taking into account system characteristics to produce optimal performance, reliability, and maintainability
· Conduct software evaluation and testing of own software, software from other engineering staff, and third-party software
The successful candidate will be educated to degree level, with a minimum of level 8 in Computer Science, engineering or related discipline.
· Strong C/C++
· You will have the ability to analyse software written in Assembly language.
· Experience if embedded application with memory and timing constraints.
· Good experience with controlling hardware, RS232, RS485, SPI or I2C
It is an advantage if you are familiar with
· Graphical User Interface (GUI) design and implementation
· knowledge of software life cycle processes including IEC 62304.
For more info you can contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org