Our client a leading Multinational Semiconductor requires Senior Embedded C SoC ARM Systems Engineer for role in Cork City, Ireland.
The successful candidate will be expected to work closely with system architects, software engineers, hardware designers and verification engineers. The team is currently seeking multiple candidates across a broad range of positions. These positions range from Engineer to Senior Staff Engineer, although most do not include functional management responsibilities.
Skills and Experience:
- Candidate will have a minimum of 8 years of Embedded Systems Development experience.
- Candidates are expected to have:
- Experience in Low Level software development in C, C++, and Assembly.
- Implementing drivers and test firmware.
- Knowledge and experience of Multi-core SOC architecture.
- Knowledge of Trace Profiling, Lauterbach T32, ARM Coresight and Digital Hardware
- Good communication skills and ability & desire to work in a cross-functional team environment.
Role & Responsibilities:
- Develop, expand and enhance Design for Debug in emulation and on silicon.
- Develop validation firmware framework.
- Debug any failing cases as needed.
- Continuously Enhance / Re-factor / Automate software and drivers.
- Interact with software and system team for use cases.
- Interact with designers and architects of IP or subsystems.
- Some travel will be required (Germany and USA).
- Bachelor's degree in Science, Engineering, or related field.
- Understanding of coherency and concurrency in modern SoC architectures.
- Experience in multi-tasking real time deterministic operating systems.
- Experience with at least one of: Perl, Python, TCL, or Java.
- Knowledge of RTL is a significant plus.
- Industry experience preferred but not required.
- Debugging low level software and hardware issues.
- Debug tools including JTAG, Logic Analyzer, Oscilloscope, etc., and kernel debuggers.
- Emulation environments for development and debug.
For further information please contact Michéal at Software Placements on 00353 1 5254642 or email email@example.com