Job Description Summary
Are you ready to make a difference in this world? Do you want to be part of a team that develops ground-breaking medical and biotechnology services and devices? One person can make a singular difference in saving and improving lives. At BD, we are looking for amazing, passionate and dedicated people like you. BD, a company standing on 120 years of innovation in medical technology, is currently recruiting talented individuals to join our new Research and Development (R&D) Centre of Excellence in Limerick. BD’s purpose is to advance the world of health. As part of our team, you will be on the forefront of creating and developing specialized devices, software solutions and systems to help others. Our new Centre in Limerick provides you with cutting edge technology and a creative environment to be inspired to tap into your inner genius. You are the one who can make the difference. Join us and be a crucial part of advancing the world of health!
BD is looking for a highly talented Senior Electrical Engineer who will be responsible for leading electrical engineering and product design. You will be developing electro-mechanical medical devices and supporting projects in all phases, from technology development through commercialization. As part of an expanding team you will have excellent opportunities to broaden your knowledge and develop your career within a Global business
As Senior Electronic Engineer you will:
- Design electronic assemblies and printed circuit board assemblies to support electro-mechanical medical device product development and life cycle.
- Work with cross functional teams such as mechanical, software, systems and quality engineering to contribute to project schedules and project budgets in the coordination of overall product development.
- Mentor more junior colleagues.
- Evaluate and implements designs to ensure that all agency requirements (UL, IEC, FDA) are being met throughout the design process
- Design and tests for EMI compliance, safety, manufacturability
- Apply failure analysis skills to determine and document root cause of product system or component failure.
- Generate design specifications, test protocols and test reports.
- Participate in technical design reviews to ensure electrical design integrity and safety are achieved.
The successful candidate will have a minimum level 8 degree in Engineering and at least 4 years industry experience. Strong Electronics knowledge, experience with both analog and digital design and mixed signal circuits is required. Experience working in the Medical device Industry, product design experience, EMC testing and experience with requirement documentation are an advantage.
If you’re a team player who is passionate about Engineering and ‘advancing the world of health’ and we’ve just described your career aspirations, then please click on the APPLY button where you will be directed to our website to apply directly.
Interested in a career with BD, but this position doesn’t fit your skills and experience? Join our external EMEA Talent Community here: http://bd.tal3nt.community/
Primary Work Location
IRL Limerick - Castletroy