Regional Inventory & Materials Leader
The Regional Inventory & Materials Leader will be responsible for leading the materials transformation for the region inclusive of all manufacturing and distribution operations. They will interact with Plant and Materials Managers, as well as their direct reports in improving the materials management operations for their respective sites. Key performance indicators for this position will include inventory turns, on-time shipping to requested date and/or order fill rate.Qualifications:
- Bachelorâ€™s degree in engineering, supply chain or business.
- Minimum of 7-10 yearsâ€™ experience in operations, supply chain, inventory management, MRP and lean manufacturing processes.
- Operational continuous improvement (i.e. six sigma and/or lean manufacturing).
- APICS Certification in Production and Inventory Management (CPIM or CSCP).-PREFERRED
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
- In-depth knowledge of computerized integrated information systems (manufacturing, materials management, production planning, procurement and distribution) and a superior understanding of manufacturing material flow in a plant and/or Distribution Centre.
- Must be a proactive change agent and possess leadership skills to build and maintain a team oriented environment while leveraging lean methodologies.
- Must have solid interpersonal skills with the ability to interact with various departments throughout the organization.
- Must be a flexible, decisive and proactive problem solver.
- Must know how to influence bottom line results.
- Must be a strong communicator and possess strong organizational skills, with ability to work on multiple priorities at once.
- Must be able to work well in a high pressure, fast-paced environment and be proficient at conflict resolution.
- Must be proficient in information technology systems utilized in Materials Management.
- Proficiency and experience in Data Analytics tools would be beneficial
- Working across the region in the training, deployment and implementation of enterprise-wide Materials Standard Work.
- Develop and execute a regional inventory optimisation plan that will both increase inventory turns, while also improving service to our customers.
- Continue the Operational Excellence Deployment Program (OEDP) transformation relative to Material flow.
- Develop and drive the inventory management countermeasures driving to root cause and corrective action as required.
- Interact with the global organization on best practice sharing.