Quality Engineer I & II (Multiple Roles) Job (Galway, G, IE)
At Boston Scientific Galway, we are dedicated to transforming lives through innovative medical solutions that improve the health of patients around the world.
We work collaboratively to solve healthcare’s toughest problems by developing solutions that matter most to those suffering from debilitating and life-threatening conditions and to the healthcare professionals who provide their care.
We are looking for Quality Engineers at Level II to join us in our mission. We have both permanent and fixed term contract positions available.
You willdemonstrate commitment to the Quality Policy through your daily execution of sound quality practices and the maintenance of an effective quality system and complying with regulations governing the quality system.
Within this role you will:
- Identify and resolve complex exceptions to work assignments.
- Under guidance from the Quality Manager / Senior Engineer compiles and analyses operational test and experimental data to establish standards for newly implemented or modified products and process on site and will develop meaningful matrices to communicate results throughout the plant.
- Have the responsibility and independent authority to make decisions related to product quality, including the disposition of non-conforming product.
- Participate in Customer Complaints investigations for areas under your control.
- Continually seek to drive improvements in product and process quality.
- Summarise analyse and draw conclusions from test results/ process related findings and make appropriate decisions.
- Be knowledgeable on QSR and ISO/MDD standards, constantly promoting awareness of best industry practices, making appropriate decision on a daily basis.
- Be fully up to date with validation techniques and associated regulatory requirements including analysis of customer feedback and complaints.
- Alongside EHS evaluate new equipment, processes, chemicals for environmental impact / effect to eliminate or lessen the impacts or effects.
- Be knowledgeable on Risk Management BSEN 14971 requirements.
- Use Six Sigma, Statistical Analysis and Lean principles to investigate and solve problems and improve quality.
- Participate directly in a new product/technology transfer.
- Deal with suppliers, other engineering disciplines within and outside of the Site and customers should the need arise.
- Provide technical guidance to Associate Quality Engineer, Technician and Inspection staff.
What we need from you:
- A Level 8 Degree (240 Credits) or equivalent in an Engineering or Science related discipline.
- A minimum of 3- 5 years’experience working at Engineering level, ideally within the Medical Device industry or another highly regulated environment.
- Familiar with Internal Audit Processes.
- We would like you to be a team player and someone who is fully motivated to achieve and demonstrate best practices in line with the department and site objectives.
What we can offer you:
- A Career with Meaningful Purpose– opportunity to transform the lives of patients worldwide.
- Our Culture - our work is guided by core values that define our culture and empower our employees.
- Career Development – our highly engaged leaders will empower you to grow and will invest in your potential. You can also broaden your skills through personal development courses.
- Opportunity to Innovate – we encourage you to fulfil your true creative potential by speaking up with your ideas and solutions to problems that matter.
- Competitive Benefits – we offer market leading benefits including performance-related bonus, pension contribution and healthcare.
- Work-Life Balance – we have created a culture that acknowledges, respects and supports your life and work choices.
- Corporate Social Responsibility– we are dedicated to progressing business practices in areas important to our communities. Our onsite charity events have raised over €1.5 million for worthy causes in the past ten years.
With determination, imagination and a deep passion for human life, we’re exceeding the boundaries of what was previously thought possible. When you join us, you will see that reflected in everything you do, so if you’re ready to make a difference to people from all walks of life, there’s no better place to make it happen.
13,000 life-saving products • 30 million patients treated each year • 32,000 employees worldwide
At Boston Scientific, we recognize that nurturing a diverse and inclusive workplace helps us be more innovative and it is important in our work of advancing science for life and improving patient health. That is why we stand for inclusion, equality, and opportunity for all. By embracing the richness of our unique backgrounds and perspectives, we create a better, more rewarding place for our employees to work and reflect the patients, customers, and communities we serve. Boston Scientific is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.At Boston Scientific, we recognize that nurturing a diverse and inclusive workplace helps us be more innovative and it is important in our work of advancing science for life and improving patient health. That is why we stand for inclusion, equality, and opportunity for all. By embracing the richness of our unique backgrounds and perspectives, we create a better, more rewarding place for our employees to work and reflect the patients, customers, and communities we serve. Boston Scientific is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.