Production Supervisor-Steel fabrication
1 day ago
To oversee the day to day planning, co-ordination and control of the companyâ€™s production operations and order processing, ensuring desired quality, cost effectiveness and maximum efficiency levels are attained. Qualifications:
To oversee the day to day planning, co-ordination and control of the companyâ€™s production operations and order processing, ensuring desired quality, cost effectiveness and maximum efficiency levels are attained.
- Knowledge of steel fabrication
- Health & safety knowledge and training
- 3 years experience in a management role in a technical production environment
- Experience in managing people and dealing with customers
- Experience of production planning & scheduling and costing of manufacturing
- Computer literate in the use of MS Office Suite
- Strong organisational, planning and time management abilities.
- Oversee of day to day production operations, incorporating production planning, scheduling, product processing and quality management in accordance with customer specifications.
- Manage all reporting staff including organising of shift rotas, time & attendance, grievance and discipline procedures etc.
- Assess the raw material and production staffing requirements and calculate the required production time ensuring maximum efficiency.
- Process orders including the ordering of some materials and liaison with customers.
- Develop and implement production targets, control production costs to budgeted limits, and devise systems to effectively manage work in progress levels and ensure proper material waste management.
Manage costs and production costing and ensure accuracy.
- Ensure effective production layout for maximum efficiency and safety.
- Provide technical and problem solving advice regarding materials, machinery and production systems, and provide â€œhands onâ€ assistance with production as required.
- Lead process improvement programs to ensure the effective implementation of those programmes that will best benefit the company (e.g. Lean Manufacturing techniques).
- Assume responsibility for providing direction to the production team on a day to day basis including communication of company information, recruitment, selection and discipline/grievance, in conjunction with the Operations Director.
- Review employee performance, identify training needs and develop and implement training programmes to meet their needs, particularly in relation to new or enhanced work methods or products.
- Ensure all manufacturing is carried out in strict compliance with company ISO 9001 quality and CE requirements and that standards are continuously monitored and improved.
- Ensure a high standard of customer service is provided.
- Ensure required inspection of finished goods, investigation and analysis of customer complaints and returns.
- Manage the logistical aspects of the company as required â€“ e.g. organising of deliveries.
- Ensure adherence to legislative Health & Safety requirements, ensuring effective shop floor housekeeping, maintenance of plant and equipment and required training of employees in accordance with regulations and company policy.
- Develop and implement a total preventative maintenance programme and ensure that all equipment is maintained in accordance with safe working practices.
- Provide regular information and reports as required to the Operations Director.
- Work with other departments/ staff to assist in the development and introduction of new products.
- Any other duties, within reason and capability, as agreed through consultation with the company Directors.