The Company: Edwards Lifesciences is driven by a passion to help patients. The company collaborates with the world’s leading clinicians and researchers to address unmet healthcare needs, working to improve patient outcomes and enhance lives.
The Role : Supervise employees and activities across areas of production for smooth and continuous operations.
• Supervise employees and manufacturing activities pertaining to the production of products and/or manufacturing processes in - and with manufacturing/technical knowledge of - 2 or more production areas, depending on the complexity of the areas, in addition to conducting performance reviews, including resolving performance issues.
• Lead improvement projects, partner with engineering on investigations and/or corrective actions, perform non-conformance investigations for review with engineering, assures documentation content is valid
• Accountable for productivity and quality metrics of staff, and provide regular progress reports and manufacturing metrics to management and cross-functional stakeholders.
• Oversee the scheduling of work orders and team performance metrics.
• Ensure appropriate staffing for all positions.
• Accountable to ensure staff is appropriately trained to perform assigned work.
• Document owner for assigned product line assembly procedures
• Monitor raw material usage and availability required in daily production
• Monitor material and labor variances to meet established standards
• On time arrival to work, regular attendance without excessive absenteeism, and working a full 8 hour or longer work period
• Other incidental duties (e.g. occasional photo copying or deliveries)
Education and Experience:
2 years years experience previous related experience required with full responsibility for all personnel including hire/fire authority and handling all aspects of employee relations in manufacturing, quality and/or product development engineering
Experience working in multi-cultural teams with cultural sensitivity
Experience working in a medical device industry
• Project management experience
• Proven expertise in Microsoft Office Suite with working knowledge of Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system, preferably JDE
• Excellent communication and interpersonal relationship skills; possessing strong collaboration skills in partnering with cross functional stakeholders in order to achieve objectives, as well as mediating differences to achieve consensus
• Full understanding of manufacturing procedures related to all stages of own area of responsibility
• Demonstrated ability to supervise teams and provide coaching and feedback, including responsibility for all employee actions including hire/fire authority and partnering with HR on all aspects of employee relations
• Ability to analyze and identify potential line/operation layouts adjustments to improve efficiency
• Full understanding of processes and equipment used in assigned work
• Ability to work and excel within a fast paced, dynamic, and constantly changing work environment
• Knowledge of and adherence to Edwards Environmental Health and Safety and Quality guidelines as they relate to department clean room medical device manufacturing
• Knowledge of Lean Manufacturing concepts and Six Sigma
• Supervise a section of production activity to accomplish tasks, projects and operations
• Adhere to all EHS rules and requirements and take adequate control measures in preventing injuries to themselves and others as well as to the protection of environment and prevention of pollution under their span of influence/control
Edwards Lifesciences is the global leader in patient-focused medical innovations for structural heart disease, as well as critical care and surgical monitoring. Driven by a passion to help patients, the company collaborates with the world's leading clinicians and researchers to address unmet healthcare needs, working to improve patient outcomes and enhance lives. Headquartered in Irvine, California, Edwards Lifesciences has extensive operations in North America, Europe, Japan, Latin America and Asia and currently employs over 15,000 individuals worldwide.
For us, helping patients is not a slogan - it's our life's work. From developing devices that replace or repair a diseased heart valve to creating new technologies that monitor vital signs in the critical care setting, we focus on helping patients regain and improve the quality of their life.