Principal MEP Quantity Surveyor
PM Group is a leading International engineering, architecture, project and construction management firm. With a network of offices in Europe, Asia and the US and a multi-discipline team of 3,000 people, we deliver complex, capital projects in the life sciences, food and beverages, mission critical/ICT, advanced manufacturing, energy and environmental sectors. We are 100% employee owned so work together to make our company successful.
We are now recruiting for a Principal MEP Quantity Surveyor to join our team in Cork. The role primarily entails overall responsibility for the development of in-house capability in the Commercial Management of Mechanical, Electrical and Process Systems within PM Group to ensure successful delivery of projects for our clients.:
- Takes Ownership of larger scale projects and/or a programme of projects and responsible for successful provision of pre-construction cost management.
- Strong MEP estimating & procurement skillset of large complex engineering projects
- Direct service provision on multiple and /or complex projects with new technology, high risk, strategic importance and /or high monetary value.
- Involved in strategic business decisions to ensure customer and stakeholder satisfaction.
- Can act as Key Account Manager for large multi-national customer.
- Recognised by Customer as a leader in service delivery in the management of Mechanical, Electrical & Process costs.
- Ability to build and manage a team of Cost Professionals that will take responsibility for the Mechanical, Electrical.
- Responsible for organisational developments to fulfil goals and objectives of the Group.
- Provides project information to support and participate in the development of longer term Strategic Plans.
- Promotes engagement and understanding of the importance of exemplary standards of Health and Safety.
- Ability to establish resource requirements, allocates, deploy and manage resources to specific tasks.
- A minimum of 5 to 10 years relevant experience.
- Has Operated at Senior Level for a number of years.
- Experience of cost management of projects of â‚¬100m +.
- Good commercial awareness and business acumen.
- Ability to understand all disciplines not just ones core discipline.
- Primary Honours / bachelor Degree (Level 8) in Quantity Surveying / Construction / Engineering or related discipline
- Statutory registration in national jurisdiction, if appropriate
- Membership of professional body
Why PM Group?
As an employee-owned company, we are inclusive, committed and driven. Corporate Responsibility and Sustainability are the heart of our new 2025 business strategy. Click here to read more in our Corporate Responsibility & Health and Safety Report 2020.
Inclusion and Diversity are core to our culture and values. Wherever we work, we commit to a culture of mutual respect and belonging by building a truly inclusive workplace rich in diverse people, talents and ideas. Valuing the contributions of all our people and respecting individual differences will sustain our growth into the future.
PM Group is committed to ensuring our hiring process is fair and accessible to all and will provide candidates with disabilities with reasonable accommodations required to participate in the recruitment process. If you require any assistance in this regard, please let us know.