Operations Floor Manager - Gap-346322
About the RoleGENERAL SUMMARY:
The Operations Floor Manager supports the Store Manager in: driving results by providing direction, support and guidance to the team in all areas of the stock to floor process. The Operations Floor Manager will ensure all legal compliance procedures are in place along with ensuring shipment is processed efficiently and effectively and that all stock is represented fully on the shop floor. The Operations Floor Manager trains, develops and manages Sales Associates, and supports the Store Manager to achieve maximum sales. The Operations Floor Managers role is to constantly look for new opportunities and ways of working that will create a better business and acts as the manager on duty in the absence of the Store/Assistant Manager. JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:Drives Business Results
Ambassador for the Store and Brand
- Accountable for assisting the Store Manager with controllable costs in store and ensure compliance to store targets.
- Manages Sub 2 through effective vacation scheduling and management of sickness in store.
- Drives the analysis of performance through the business KPI’s.
- Assists in leading the store team to deliver the best customer store experience in retail through:
- Efficient stock to floor operations
- Optimal use of both space and fixtures
- Shop floor replenishment
- Efficient markdown and point of sale operations
- Develops and trains sales Associates equipped with product knowledge
- Identifies and resolves problem areas within the stock to floor process
- Supports the store management team to provide outstanding leadership to the store team generating high levels of motivation and commitment.
- Supports the store management in the execution of the stores people plan.
- Provides coaching and development to ensure the store is constantly striving to up-grade and develop its talent.
- Ensures performance and potential is monitored continuously to provide a knowledgeable and effective associate resource through IDPs.
- Live performance Management, supporting the performance management process in store with the Managers to create a climate of high quality feedback, coaching and development.
- Creates training and development plans using IDPs.
- Ensures full training for all employees.
- Ensures shelf availability, data integrity, shrink control, PP compliance.
- Ensures compliance with statutory and policy led controls.
- Delivers proposed action or programs initiated to reduce shrinkage levels in store. Monitors the effectiveness of such programs.
- Supports the training of store employees on loss prevention related areas.
Who you areQUALIFICATIONS
- Proven leadership and communication skills
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to influence staff
- Must have high sense of urgency with demonstrated ability to work independently and to make effective decisions in a timely manner
- Allocates time effectively, handles multiple demands and competing priorities
- Demonstrated management skills supervising others
- Ability to work a flexible schedule to meet the needs of the business may require weekends and evening shifts. Overnights may be required.
Gap Stores and Field-Store Management/Lead
Contact Name - Internal