Microchip Technology Inc. is a leading provider of embedded control applications. Our product portfolio comprises general purpose and specialized 8-bit, 16-bit, and 32-bit microcontrollers, 32-bit microprocessors, field-programmable gate array (FPGA) products, a broad spectrum of high-performance linear, mixed-signal, power management, thermal management, radio frequency (RF), timing, safety, security, wired connectivity and wireless connectivity devices, as well as serial Electrically Erasable Programmable Read Only Memory (EEPROM), Serial Flash memories, Parallel Flash memories, and serial Static Random Access Memory (SRAM). We also license Flash-IP solutions that are incorporated in a broad range of products.
As a Manufacturing Engineer you will be a key member of the engineering team at Microchip, responsible for ensuring that our products meet customer needs and have the highest quality. Through part requirement analysis, definition, and selection, ensure product is correctly processed through screening and sampling operations as required by governing bodies and internal requirements. Create and maintain Process and Product definition with associated process controls and automation.
- Combining mechanical, electrical, and software principles and their application; identify, develop, and drive continuous improvement programs towards further automation within the facility.
- Guide and drive on-site equipment appraisal initiatives for process standardization, quality improvement, and H&S developments where identified.
- Understand HTRB and Burn-in screening principles, our products and processes to ensure compliance and maximum yield.
- Understand DC and AC test principles, our products, related equipment and processes to ensure compliance and maximum yield.
- Ensure compliance with DLA test methods.
Key job responsibilities/duties include:
- Review and disposition production lots based on electrical test screening.
- Perform in-depth and controlled studies of specific/chronic problems and processes as required and specify corrective/preventative action as appropriate.
- Responsible for analysis and performance improvement of key metrics for assigned processes and/or products.
- Understanding of reliability theory and principles and application to Microchip products and processes.
- Consult with international Microchip Divisions and test equipment suppliers to ensure best practices in the use of test and screening equipment.
- Understand and implement Microchip Irelands’ Quality Manual and related in-house procedures as they apply to assigned processes and new products.
- Understand Government Specifications as they apply to assigned product and processes.
- Implement Lean and support continuous improvement programmes.
- Support in-house training programmes as required.
- Ensure effective and professional communication with Microchip divisions, customers and vendors.
- Take on other engineering duties as required and assigned.
- Create and update internal product and process documents, in accordance with product requirements
- Support Tactical Marketing, Planning and Engineering departments for new and existing product queries. Determine alternative product selection where required.
- Understand and implement Microchip Quality Policies and related in-house procedures as they apply to assigned processes and new products.
Qualifications and Experience
- Level 8 Degree in Engineering (preferably Electronic Engineering) or Level 8 Degree in Physics.
- Experience preferably in a component manufacturing, medical device or other highly regulated environment.
- User knowledge of LabVIEW and Minitab, JMP, Python, SolidWorks, CAD and AUTOCAD software packages.
- Knowledge of DLA and/or ISO standards is an advantage.
- Qualifications in, or previous exposure to Lean, Six Sigma, 5S, DOE, DMAICs or FMEAs is an advantage.
- Experience in equipment appraisal towards CE compliance is an advantage.
- Strong electronic and mechanical fundamentals aptitude, with good hands on approach.
- Robust communications skills, fluent English is essential, with strong writing, editing, clarity and negotiation skills.
- Must have a strong attention to detail, problem solving skills, and demonstration of logic.
- Candidates will have the ability to work in collaboration with others on a project team and independently on tasks.
- Good PC skills with proficiency in Microsoft Office packages.
- The candidate should be self-motivated and eager to learn new skills, they need to be flexible, excellent team player and demonstrate the Microchip values.