- Have full knowledge of all areas with regards to building fabric and maintenance.
- Full clean drivers licence
- Ensure all areas are maintained to the standard required.
- To undertake minor repairs to building fabric, services and equipment as requested by Manager
- Have full working knowledge of all tools, equipment, materials and agents and use equipment as directed by your manager only after correct training has been given.
- Report any safety hazards or inappropriate compromises to the Manager e.g. locked fire door, lifting flooring, lights not working etc
- Complete daily/weekly checks and report any issues
- Report any equipment, which is faulty, mark as faulty and do not use.
- To be aware of material expenditure and cost and avoid unnecessary waste
- Ensure that all storage areas are kept clean and tidy and equipment stored safely at all times.
- Comply with all security regulations for materials, equipment and buildings as laid down by client and Sodexo and report immediately any shortages or discrepancies found.
- Ensure a high standard of personal hygiene and appearance and general cleanliness to comply with statutory and Company regulations, wearing company uniform as specified.
- To deal with Helpdesk request immediately within specified time reporting back to your Manager.
- Attend training courses and meetings as is necessary to maintain standards in the contract and assist in carrying out the job role efficiently (Some of which may occur outside normal working hours)
- Provide cover in other areas in times of sickness and holidays.
- Ensure all tools and equipment is kept clean & maintained in safe working order. Report any defects to the Manager immediately.
- Comply with all Company policies procedures and client site rules and regulations
- Comply with all Company & client policies and statutory regulations relating to Health & Safety, safe working practices, hygiene, cleanliness, fire and chemical safety. This will include your awareness of any specific hazards in your work place
- Carry out all other reasonable tasks as directed by the Manager, inc. cleaning duties
- To attend meetings and training courses as may be necessary from time to time. Some of which may occur outside normal working hours.
- To carry out reasonable periods of overtime as may be required from time to time.
Flexible working hours to comply with house functions and additional tasks required.
To maintain the grounds to a high standard, including grass, flower beds & trees at low level.
We currently have an opportunity for a Maintenance Handyman to join our team. This is a great opportunity for a customer focused individual to join a world leading food and facilities management company, which can offer unrivalled opportunities for career progression.
- To identify & carry out all general routine maintenance requirements on site
- To ensure planned preventative maintenance is undertaken and completed as per work schedule requests
- To be aware of the company’s quality management system and in particular, to follow any quality assurance work instructions that is applicable to this job
- To carry out other duties dictated by the requirements of the business
- To ensure the workshops area is kept clean and tidy
- To attend to any reasonable management request
The Ideal Candidate
• Experience within a similar role.
• Ability to proactively work as part of a team.
• Ability to work unsupervised and take responsibility for the completion of tasks.
• Ability to prioritise work tasks based on customer needs
• Adaptable and flexible in approach to work when required
• Ability to remain calm under pressure
• Ability to perform tasks that require physical fitness.
• Resides geographically for contract support
• Results/tasks orientated
• Experience within the following systems
• Plumbing skills
• Understanding of Lamp changing process and hazards.