Localisation QA Tester - South African market
GlobeTech is a global provider of software localisation, translation, QA and data analysis to the multinational IT sector. We provide market leading solutions to our clients with the core objective of helping them to expand and grow their business in the personalised and data driven age. Established in 1997 by two expert Engineers, our bespoke services have allowed us to grow around the world and become a trusted partner with our clients. Why? Because we work with excellent people!
The Localisation team is responsible for designing, implementing and executing both automated and manual test plans in an effort to assure the quality of our clientâ€™s wide variety of software products.Responsibilities :
- Perform localisation testing on software, print documents, help and hardware items.
- Reporting issues found by using internal tools, providing pertinent information and suggestions and following the solution process to its completion.
- Analysing international functionality issues.
- Working cross-functional with international software QA centers, engineering teams, translators and project managers in an effort to ensure delivery of world-class products to international markets.
- Any other duties relevant to the role.
Depending on experience, duties might also include:
- Designing, implementing and organising manual test plans.
- Creating, maintaining and carrying out automated test procedures.
- Coding software test automation in technologies like Swift, ObjC, Python and Ruby or other programming languages as required.
- Carry out technical software reviews to assess automation opportunities.
- Native speaker of the language required and a deep knowledge of linguistics.
- Must have lived in South Africa for 10 years to have a strong linguistic and cultural knowledge of dialect, phonetics, phonology, morphology, syntax, semantics, and pragmatics.
- Strong analytical, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent attention to detail and a team player.
- Self driven, flexibility to work on multiple projects and with various types of deadlines.
- A person who enjoys breaking the software in order to make it better.
- Experience in software localisation/internationalisation.
- Strong programming and technical skills.
- Project management experience.
- Software Engineering experience.
- Pro apps or multimedia software experience, server software or other type of software experts.
- Bachelorâ€™s degree in Computer Science or Electronic Engineering, or equivalent experience
- A competitive salary is on offer with this position.
- Relocation package of flights and accommodation available where applicable
- 6 month contract, with possible extension
Diversity and Inclusion
We believe in ensuring diversity and inclusion in the workplace, as this will produce a better place to work and a better product. We encourage all candidates to apply. GlobeTech is an equal opportunity employer celebrating diversity and championing inclusivity.
Keywords: Jobs in Cork, Jobs in Ireland, IT jobs, Bilingual jobs, Jobs with languages, Tech support jobs, IT jobs, Permanent jobs, Contract jobs, Jobs with languages, Localisation jobs, Localization jobs, Translation jobs, Tech support jobs, Technical supports jobs, Customer service jobs, Language specialist, Jobs, Data analyst jobs, GlobeTech jobs, Multilingual jobs, IT jobs, Software jobs, Software Engineering jobs, Linguistic Tester, Qa jobs