Learning and Development Specialist
This is a newly created role to build a formal Learning and Development function within the CXV Global business. This role will be strategically focused to develop a comprehensive learning and development framework for the business.
Developing and managing the learning and professional development of the company’s operational staff, to include engineers and other customer-facing roles as well as leading the building of a sustainable apprenticeship programme. The scope of the role will also include the building of relationships with relevant educational institutions to both influence content provision as well as source strong candidates.
The successful candidate may either be self-employed or join our team on a fixed-term contract.
- Developing learning and development strategies with line managers by considering immediate and long-term staff requirements.
- Analysing training needs in conjunction with line managers.
- Designing, planning, directing and delivering training and development programmes to accomplish the organisation’s goals.
- Identification of options for formal course learning (online and in person); specialist training from custom providers; practice learning with others more experienced and any other relevant sources.
- Developing individual training programmes and learning paths that meet the skills gaps identified through training needs assessment.
- Identification of relevant third level institutions to build partnership arrangements for the provision of course content, internships and opportunity to identify talented students for hire.
- Implementation of the structure and systems to support continuous learning and development across the CXV group of companies.
- Promoting an open knowledge-sharing environment that builds knowledge, skills and service for the benefit of the organisation as a whole.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Experience in the design, planning and delivery of learning and development programmes, ideally in a technology environment.
- A formal qualification in training needs analysis, training design and delivery.
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written.
- Business awareness and with a commercial focus.
- Ability to solve complex problems.
- Familiarity with the interoperability and distinctions between formal instructor-led, online and On-The-Job training, with an understanding of the operational consequences/constraints that can impact on various modes of learning and development delivery.
- Some familiarity with the process to engage with third level institutions for the purpose of effecting a mutually beneficial relationship for the Company, Staff and Students of the institution(s).
- Some familiarity with the process to develop a comprehensive apprenticeship programme.
- This is a one year full time fixed term contract
- The role will report to the Head of Global Operations
- The role holder will ideally have solid experience in the engineering / life sciences sector
- The role may be carried out from any location but the person must have some familiarity with the Irish educational system.
Why Join Crest Solutions?
- This role also includes great personal benefits and professional growth opportunities. An example of what is offered to our team members is as follows:
- Competitive salary
- Full healthcare cover, leave benefits, life assurance, flexi-time and pension scheme
- A varied and exciting career with Crest Solutions with opportunities to work in a cutting-edge, innovative technological environment
- A structured approach to professional development opportunities with an educational assistance programme