My client is a Biopharmaceutical company who is looking for a Lab Planner to join their team in Carlow. The Lab Planner will be accountable for the effective and efficient running of all planning operations in the QC/QO Labs function.
- Model the Company Leadership behaviors and understand the principles to individually live a culture of continuous improvement to become a High Performance Organisation.
- Be customer focused by driving the long term and short-term capacity plans for the Labs, through preparation, analysis and communication.
- Review long-term forecasts with the Labs to identify and mitigate possible capacity/material issues, analyzing rough-cut capacity plans and recommend appropriate action.
- Analysis will incorporate key activity elements including cost drivers and resource utilization.
- Have a working knowledge of the daily scheduling tools in the lab (e.g. the “rhythm wheels”) and is working with the operations team and planners to continually improve this system (& seamlessly integrate with the capacity planning model)
- Develop the Lab capacity plans for the Annual Budget Planning process.
- Ensure continual alignment to plan and delivery of targets.
- Deviations to plan must be analyzed from Customer, resource, activity and cost perspective.
- Cycle time reduction, delivery performance and schedule adherence.
- Be a driver in new product introduction activities, shutdown planning, tracking key milestones to enable successful execution of planned initiatives.
- Identify and plan potential laboratory bottlenecks and propose resolutions to ensure continued laboratory capability.
- Recognize and implement continuous improvement activities to increase flexibility, eliminate waste, reduce cycle times and cost while maintaining product supply to internal and external customers.
- Ensure supply of high quality product through tactical planning and execution of production schedules.
- Ensure highest Quality & Compliance standards.
Qualifications & Experience:
- Degree or 3rd level qualification (Science, Engineering or Supply Chain).
- At least five years’ experience in the Pharmaceutical industry or a similar operating environment with experience in lab operations and/or a planning role in an operations environment.
- Desirable evidence of Continuous Professional Development.
- Preference for Lean Six Sigma Green Belt.
- Demonstrated knowledge in more than one pharmaceutical and/or chemical manufacturing operation (e.g. manufacturing, quality, engineering, etc).
- Knowledge of and experience in applying Six Sigma and Lean methodologies.
- Demonstrated leadership and change management skills with a continuous improvement focus.
- Demonstrated ability to fully realize improvement initiatives.
- Demonstrated successes in a team environment, such as project teams, Six Sigma team, etc.
- Technologically innovative and is a champion for utilising technology for improving planning and operations in the laboratory.
- Advanced PC skills such as Excel, Word, PowerPoint.
- Stakeholder management of multi decision makers, colleagues, peers and cross functional teams.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to develop good working relationships with external partners and customers.