IT Business Lead - Configure, Price & Quote (CPQ)-2111786
Johnson Controls, Inc
What you will do
We are looking for an customer-oriented IT Business Lead to be part of a joint business and IT team to support EMEALA Pricing team in the demand for new technology powered capabilities as well as to deliver an accelerated CPQ program. This role in overall will assist in building and providing the capability to deliver business performance through secure, streamlined and innovative technologies, platforms, and processes in line with the business Commercial and IT strategy. The IT Business lead will work cross functionally to ensure we deliver solutions that give competitive advantage to JCI business.
The CPQ program emcompasses development of a global template, identifying requirements, specific to EMEALA region along with ‘must have’ localization requirements on a country level. The program targets to deliver CPQ capabilities to all businesses in EMEALA region using Oracle CPQ platform with the necessary integrations within the next 18-24 months. CPQ roll out is tightly linked with the roll out of other target state systems like Oracle Fusion ERP and Oracle SMC (Subscription Management Cloud). The CPQ IT Business Lead represents EMEALA voice in the global template design sessions and supports EMEALA Oracle CPQ program strategy realization in the areas of business engagement, mobilization, planning business designs sessions to solution implementation, testing, deployment, production, adoption, continuous optimisation and maintenance.
Although, CPQ program is the key focus area for the next 24 months, the IT Business Lead will shape demand for other areas where business new capabilities supported by technology are required. For those, an engagement with business and IT teams to shape the demand and requirements will proceed in parallel with the CPQ program.
How you will do it
- Engage with EMEALA Pricing Director and Pricing team to understand EMEALA Pricing strategy, objectives and approaches to identify how information technology can support achieving those objectives.
- Develop effective relationships with relevant IT and Business stakeholders to drive maximized value extraction from available and new technology capabilities.
- Be an ambassador of the Pricing team in IT and vice versa represent IT and promote IT transformation strategy and standards within business.
- Collaborate with EMEALA IT Directors to define investment plan, shape and prioritise demand and initiatives in the area of Pricing.
- Understand end-to-end As Is and Target pictures. Contribute to overall IT transformation program planning, especially in the cross functional /program /projects level to drive alignment with business goals, for technical development that involve integration between Salesforce and other applications.
- Shape demand coming from the Pricing stakeholders, drive prioritisaion and strategy alignment, provide thought leadership, follow JCI IT Operating model, prepare business case, contribute into a new financial year budget planning, secure business buy in prior to a project initiation stages and support transition to the delivery and PMO organisation.
- Work with IT and business stakeholders to prepare CPQ program approach, roadmap and investment plan across 49 countries and 5 lines of business (LOB), which shall be in line with other strategic IT transformation programs (Oracle Fusion ERP, Subscription management, etc).
- Drive business engagement and mobilization for the CPQ Program and other IT activities/projects for the Pricing team.
- Manage 4-6 CPQ IT Business Analysts to ensure delivery of EMEALA templates by LOB and roll out across EMEALA in full collaboration with business, IT PMO and IT Delivery team.
- Accountable that IT BAs deliverables meet requirements with regards to Software functional fit, quality, reliability, availability, performance, and security & compliance aspects of the solution.
- Direct IT Business Analysts to drive for process standardization, product led design approach, prioritizing Out of the Box features, promoting EMEALA /global template with minimal must have localisations.
- Synthesise inputs coming from various work streams and other projects/programs to inform decision making process.
- Responsible for contributing into the test strategy, validating critical success factors, driving business sign off and buy in on the key initiatives in the Pricing area
- Support business change manager during the roll out process to ensure adequate communication, training and support is provided as part of the overall program delivery.
- Contribute into Business Continuity Plan.
What we look for
- Bachelor's degree in the field of Computer Science, Science and/or MBA.
- Previous experience working in IT industry or similar roles following Agile metodology
- Proven track record in the pricing area and/or CPQ technologies implemetation, preferably Oracle CPQ or other CPQ platforms such as Salesforce CPQ (formerly SteelBrick), or Apttus CPQ – this is a must requirement
- Good understanding of business and IT planning and pricing processes
- Capability to define strategy and roadmap development processes, scenario analysis techniques, business case preparation, principles of effective stakeholder engagement/internal account management; preparing stakeholder maps, engagement and account management plans
- Good understanding of end to end IT landscape with a greater knowledge in the areas of CPQ capabilities
- Great command of English, advanced communications skills and stakeholder engagement skills
- Ability to manage teams, provide coaching and support.
- Well organized, results driven and eager to handle difficult problems
- Ability to facilitate communication between business partners and technical delivery teams to achieve actionable outcome and clarity on the solution and next steps.
- Experience with system integrations and (advanced) data analytics
- Excellent problem-solving skills and ability to present analytics findings various business teams
- Flexible and adaptable in regards to learning and understanding new technologies
- Proven track record on working in a cross-cultural environment.
- Acts independently to determine methods and procedures on new or special assignments.
- Degree in technical field, psychology or MBA
- Salesforce CRM, Salesforce or Oracle CPQ experience
- In-depth knowledge of Lead-to-Cash processes
- Experience in sizeable multinational corporations
Who we are
At Johnson Controls, we're shaping the future to create a world that's safe, comfortable, and sustainable. Our global team creates innovative, integrated solutions to make cities more connected and buildings more intelligent and efficient. We are passionate about improving the way the world lives, works, and plays. The future requires bold ideas, an entrepreneurial mindset, and collaboration across boundaries. You need a career focused on tomorrow. Tomorrow needs you.