IT Business Analyst
Crest Solutions have an opportunity for an IT Business Analyst to join our team and work on our customer site in Tipperary. Reporting to the Site IT Lead, the candidate will provide technical and business support on overall maintenance & development of assigned IT Applications and Systems and participate in divisional initiatives relating to those systems. They will ensure those systems are maintained in a validated state and act on behalf of the IT group in the ongoing maintenance and development of associated business process end user capabilities.
What We do:
Crest Solutions are an engineering and software company that supply and support the resourcing of engineers, analysts, specialists and other professionals in this field. We are home to a vibrant group of professionals, working together to deliver to our clients. As a Gold Certificated company in the NSAI Excellence Through People scheme, Crest Solutions strives to guide many of Ireland’s most successful organisations to become more efficient, productive, flexible, competitive and innovative, through the development of great people.
Responsibilities & Tasks:
- Provide customer support to the Ballydine business areas for IT products, services and applications on new and existing systems and resolving and reporting associated problems.
- Discharge the responsibilities established in the Configuration Management Procedure for any systems assigned to the role.
- Manage all assigned IT systems to ensure they are maintained in a validated state according to the System Development Lifecycle for Computer Validation and applicable policies and procedures.
- Through effective change control procedures ensure that changes carried out on all assigned IT systems are well designed, properly cost justified and risk assessed and consistent with the site and divisional IS strategy.
- Liaise with MMD IT and Technical Services groups to ensure the appropriate Ballydine input in key divisional initiatives.
- Identify, evaluate & implement opportunities for continuous improvement of the plant’s IT systems and departmental business processes.
- Support plant initiatives on Operational Excellence / turnaround efficiency and any others, which require an IT input.
- Develop & test Disaster Recovery procedures for the assigned systems/applications.
- Develop a network with peers on other MMD sites to share experience & best practice.
- The occupant of the role should be closely involved with site / divisional initiatives from design through to operation.
- Understand the wider business context within which these initiatives are occurring
- Develop appropriate expertise within the IS group to support them
- Contribute to these initiatives based on their knowledge of Ballydine IS systems
- Monitor the external environment for developments which might impact plant initiatives Core
Skills and Experience:
- 5+ years GxP experience (life science, pharma, med device)
- A third level qualification in an IT, Engineering or Science field
- High level of technical competence on the site systems, standards & best practice
- Understanding of how the various IT applications are integrated into other plant systems
- Knowledge of the underlying architecture of the assigned IT applications.
- Computer Validation, System Lifecycle Methodology
- Standard Reporting Tools
- Modern IT fundamentals
- Understand the specific responsibilities of IPTs and COEs as they relate to assigned applications.
- Ability to develop a thorough understanding of the major business processes which the IT group support.
- Ability to develop improved business processes to support the site Supply and Commercialisation mission.
- Understand standard IT architecture, portfolio and processes to promote site alignment. Education
Why Join Crest Solutions?
At Crest Solutions we understand that our people are our greatest asset. For this reason and many others, we take care of them. The team in Crest Solutions benefits from a Total Rewards package. This includes great personal benefits and professional growth opportunities. An example of what is offered to our team members is as follows:
- Competitive salary.
- Full healthcare cover, leave benefits, life assurance, flexi-time and pension scheme.
- A varied and exciting career with Crest Solutions with opportunities to work in a cutting-edge, innovative technological environment.
- A structured approach to professional development opportunities with an educational assistance program.