Electro-Mechanical Shift Technician (4 x Shift Cycle)
Job Description Summary
BD is a global medical technology company focused on improving drug therapies, enhancing the quality and speed of diagnosing infectious diseases, and advancing research and discovery of new drugs and vaccines. BD provides an environment which enables our highly talented workforce to be the best at their professions. We are always seeking people who have a passion and commitment to join our Company on its journey in ‘advancing the world of health’.
Our site in Drogheda is commencing a major upgrade and refurbishment of all facilities. In addition to this investment there are a number of new lines being brought into production. This BD facility is the only one globally which manufactures one of our new PosiFlush™ products. With this steady growth and expansion taking place we are now recruiting 4 x Electro-Mechanical Shift Technicians (Permanent Roles) to join our team at BD Drogheda.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Respond quickly to any equipment related downtime in the manufacturing process.
- Demonstrate flexibility and mobility as needed to support operational needs.
- In the event of unplanned maintenance, inform the Team Leader at first available opportunity of the estimated duration and/or impact of the repair work.
- Ensure adequate communications are maintained such that key information is passed on the other Technicians, Engineering and Team Leaders as applicable.
- Ensure all preventative maintenance activities are done on time and recorded in full on the designated forms. Report any unusual observations where applicable.
- Use the correct procedure for booking out any spares parts from the stores area.
- Ensure that all process parameters are recorded properly and in a timely manner.
- Support all CI projects as required to help improve equipment reliability.
- Work to the highest engineering standards while maintaining safety requirements at all times.
- Assist with validation of new and existing equipment as needed.
- Comply fully with changes in Quality system procedures and complete all designate C2C training on time.
The successful candidate will have a strong background in machine maintenance in a high-speed manufacturing environment. You will be technically qualified with a national certificate in either fitter/turning or as an electrician and/or suitable 3rd level qualification.
You will be Hands on and have a sense of urgency when reacting to equipment related issues. Ability to function as part of a team and work on own initiative. Some PLC experience is preferred but not essential.
The company operates 24 hours/day, 7 days/week. This is a 4-Cycle Shift Pattern role (Days and Nights). You must be willing to work 2 x 12-hour days, followed by 2 x 12-hour nights, followed by 4 days off.
You can look forward to a rewarding career, great benefits package, collaborative working and opportunities to expand your skills in this fast moving, dynamic and agile business.
If you’re a team player who is passionate about healthcare and we’ve just described your career aspirations, then please click on the APPLY button where you will be directed to our website to apply directly.
Interested in a career with BD, but this position doesn’t fit your skills and experience?
Register on our careers page so you never miss an opportunity. http://emea.jobs.bd.com