Electrical Project Engineer
An amazing opportunity has arisen for an Electrical Project Engineer on a contract basis with Crest Solutions on customer site.
What we do:
Crest Solutions are an Engineering & Software company that supply and support the resourcing of engineers, analysts, specialists and other professionals in this field. We are home to a vibrant group of professionals, working together to deliver to our clients. As a Gold Certificated company in the NSAI Excellence Through People scheme, Crest Solutions strives to guide many of Ireland’s most successful organisations to become more efficient, productive, flexible, competitive and innovative, through the development of great people.
The Engineering Department seeking an Electrical Project Engineer to support site Capital & Expense projects in Ballydine. This is an exciting opportunity for an Electrical Engineer to work for a leading pharmaceutical company in the south east of Ireland.
(Functions include, but are not limited to, the following)
- To support the engineering requirements through managing & liaising with key project stakeholders (client design team, main contractor, suppliers, sub-contractors, etc.).
- Assisting in the execution of projects & providing guidance to ensure we are compliant to all relevant standards/codes and specifications associated. This will include all site activities associated with validation and handover to the operations team.
- Experience in the design of the Electrical systems such as Instrumentation, Low Voltage Distribution, Motor control center’s (MCC’s), Lighting systems, Generators, UPS and Fire safety and Detection systems.
- Assessment of sub-contract and supplier tender returns for technical compliance with design intent specifications.
- Familiarisation with the project scheduling within the confines of an operating plant.
- Change management is a critical process to be understood and controlled.
- Ensure works are installed in accordance with project specifications and change control procedures.
- Understands the typical project life cycle from concept through to qualification and has proven experience in this area.
- Assist project engineers on electrical design elements.
- Ensure there is a safety culture in the design & execution of projects
- Responsible for developing engineering alternative solutions, including detailed calculations and sketches for client approval.
- You will be responsible to support and coach junior engineers.
Experience, Knowledge & Skills:
- Experience in Oil and Gas or Pharmaceutical Industry is preferred but not essential
- Knowledge of working in ATEX environment is preferred but not essential
- Experience with Automation systems is preferred but not essential
- Strong interpersonal skills and an understanding of the customer/client relationship involved in project management.
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Good knowledge of the current electrical, fire alarm and emergency lighting standards within Ireland.
- Excellent organisational and project planning skills
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Excellent negotiation, problem solving and decision-making skills
- Familiar with Project scheduling tools
- Ability to manage workload and prioritise
Qualifications & Education:
- A minimum of 5 years of relevant experience working in an Electrical Engineering
Why join Crest Solutions?
At Crest Solutions we understand that our people are our greatest asset. For this reason and many others, we take care of them. The team in Crest Solutions benefits from a Total Rewards package. This includes great personal benefits and professional growth opportunities. An example of what is offered to our team members is as follows:
- Competitive salary
- Full healthcare cover, leave benefits, life assurance, flexi-time and pension scheme
- A varied and exciting career with Crest Solutions with opportunities to work in a cutting-edge, innovative technological environment.
- A structured approach to professional development opportunities with an educational assistance program