Business Development Manager - PENN Connected
What you will do
PENN Connected, a part of Johnson Controls, is a global supplier of food safety and compliance technology for the retail and food service sectors. PENN Connected uses IoT sensors and a cloud-based platform to allow customers to increase compliance and efficiency while reducing stock loss. JCI is looking for an innovative, analytical, and high energy individual to lead our sales efforts as well as being hands-on with sales opportunities themselves.
As a business development manager for our PENN Connected product offering, you will set the sales strategy for the business and then drive sales to accelerate growth. You will work with sales channels, partners, and end customers so that they understand the value of PENN Connected and drive growth for the business. Successful candidates will be influential, entrepreneurial, customer focused and driven to improve product solutions and customer outcomes.
How you will do it
- Work with global sales channels and partners to identify and progress new opportunities.
- Find new partners; explore new opportunities and markets to drive revenue growth.
- Become the subject matter expert for PENN Connected in sales channels and customer interactions.
- Achieve agreed targets on sales and KPIs.
- Maintain a sales pipeline that will help PENN Connected achieve forecasted revenue targets.
- Progress leads and opportunities yourself ndash; meeting potential clients face-to-face or remotely.
- Understand a value-based sale and be an expert at supporting others to sell in the most effective way.
- Responsible for implementing the sales strategy and contribute to its future expansion.
- Be the voice of customer in delivering solutions to enable them to be compliant and efficient.
- Contribute to defining the global strategic vision, product strategy and program prioritization of PENN Connected.
What we look for
- Extensive sales experience with a strong focus in the food, retail and hospitality spaces.
- An understanding of food safety/health and safety/compliance environment is an advantage.
- Experience selling technology solutions - offerings with IoT and SaaS elements is an advantage.
- Demonstrate a track record of managing, driving and motivating a team of sales professionals to hit sales targets.
- Quickly assess and understand the sales process that is in place, identifying areas of strength and any potential opportunities to enhance sales performance.
- Be able to handle your own leads and opportunities and close deals.
- Occasional travel is expected in this role.
- Self-driven individual with proven history of demonstrated and measurable business impacts through influence and direct leadership, and a track record of getting things done.
- Excellent communications and presentation skills ndash; able to present, discuss and articulate challenges to a range of audiences, in a concise and effective manner.
Sales MarketingIE-Ireland-CorkBldg Technologies Solutions