Automation Engineer (Projects)
Crest Solutions is seeking a Automation Engineer (Projects) to join our existing team of specialists on a contract basis.
What we do:
Crest Solutions are an Engineering & Software company that supply and support the resourcing of engineers, analysts, specialists and other professionals in this field. We are home to a vibrant group of professionals, working together to deliver to our clients. As a Gold Certificated company in the NSAI Excellence Through People scheme, Crest Solutions strives to guide many of Ireland’s most successful organisations to become more efficient, productive, flexible, competitive and innovative, through the development of great people.
- Reporting to the Carlow AIT Projects/OEM Lead, specifically responsible for OEM Systems.
- This candidate will be required to work closely with the Carlow AIT teams responsible for the full Automation and IT scope and with vendors / partners with responsibility for delivery of systems.
- The candidate will be required to work in a cross functional team (AIT, QA, C&Q) to introduce new systems & equipment
- The candidate will be responsible for assuring project timelines are being met for all AIT deliverables
- Work on OEM projects
- Develop and/or review SDLC deliverables, compliant with standards, including but not limited to:
- Requirements Specifications
- Requirements Traceability Matrix
- Functional Specification
- Design Specification
- Code Review
- Test specification/test script
- Work closely with vendors of OEM equipment to ensure deliverables meet project requirements, including the interfacing of new OEM equipment with existing site systems, incl. MES, DCS and Pi Historian.
- Work closely with the QAIT function and ensure their requirements are met in all deliverables.
- Participate in Hardware and Software FATs and SATs.
- Provide input to the development of project schedules and document trackers.
- Participate in, and support, relevant project meetings.
- Participate and support data mapping of new system to ensure end to end data flow requirements
- Liaise with stakeholders on the overall project to ensure clear communication between all parties.
- Required to comply with Global Policies, Procedures and Guidelines, regulatory requirements and execute current Good manufacturing Practices (cGMP) in the performance of day to day activities and all applicable job functions.
Experience, Knowledge & Skills
- Fluent in English, written and verbal.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in a similar role, ideally in the Pharmaceutical industry.
- Minimum of 1 year experience in the Pharmaceutical industry
- Strong experience in one or all of the following systems: Siemens PLCs, HMIs and Historian Software.
- Siemens PLC experience (S7) is a must.
- Previous project experience required working with vendors.
- Previous experience with IQ, OQ and project documentation.
- Usual place of work will be in Carlow, Ireland. The successful candidate may sometimes be required to attend meetings at other sites, off-site or at the PM office in Cork.
- NOTE: Due to current COVID restrictions the place of work can be temporarily agreed with the candidate where the project state allows this.
- Excellent computer skills, proficient in the use of the following Microsoft tools: Excel, SharePoint, Word and PowerPoint.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills (verbal and written).
Qualifications & Education
- Relevant Computer Science or Engineering degree or equivalent.
Why Join Crest Solutions?
At Crest Solutions we understand that our people are our greatest asset. For this reason and many others, we take care of them. The team in Crest Solutions benefits from a Total Rewards package. This includes great personal benefits and professional growth opportunities. An example of what is offered to our team members is as follows:
- Competitive salary
- Full healthcare cover, leave benefits, life assurance, flexi-time and pension scheme
- A varied and exciting career with Crest Solutions with opportunities to work in a cutting-edge, innovative technological environment.
- A structured approach to professional development opportunities with an educational assistance program